Windows 10: ability to connect to wifi has disappeared

Discus and support ability to connect to wifi has disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On my Network & Internet Settings, the wifi icon has disappeared. I see Airplane Mode, but I can not select it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrianHunsaker, May 6, 2021.

1. ability to connect to wifi has disappeared

On my Network & Internet Settings, the wifi icon has disappeared. I see Airplane Mode, but I can not select it.

:)

BrianHunsaker, May 6, 2021
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 6, 2021
  3. XNam360 Win User
    Can't connect to wifi after Windows Update

I have now tried all of the suggested steps at least twice.

The only instance of seemingly achieving any progress was the first time I performed a clean boot, when the wifi connection actually worked. But after that, I tried following the steps to isolate the problem and then after restarting the computer, all of
    my wireless features have disappeared again. I have tried repeating the entire sequence of steps again, but the wifi hasn't worked again. It just worked that one time, but I don't know why it was different that time.

I have been trying to fix this for over 11 hours, but haven't been able to connect back to wifi.

I would like to know if rolling back the Windows Update is an option and, if so, how to do that and how to prevent Windows from updating again.

XNam360, May 6, 2021
  4. simrick Win User

ability to connect to wifi has disappeared

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, May 6, 2021
Thema:

ability to connect to wifi has disappeared

1. ability to connect to wifi has disappeared - Similar Threads - ability connect wifi

2. WiFi has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi has disappeared: My WiFi has disappeared… can anyone help? Hp laptop with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-has-disappeared/6117787d-e562-4521-9ce9-17a41ff1dd72
  3. WiFi has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi has disappeared: My WiFi has disappeared… can anyone help? Hp laptop with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-has-disappeared/6117787d-e562-4521-9ce9-17a41ff1dd72
  4. Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??: Hi there! About 2-3 weeks ago I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc! It’s been working really well up until tonight. Now I’m PRETTY sure it’s Windows 10 I have, but I could be mistaken so I apologise in advance. I leave for a few minutes and when I come back it’s not...
  5. Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??: Hi there! About 2-3 weeks ago I spent a lot of money on a new gaming pc! It’s been working really well up until tonight. Now I’m PRETTY sure it’s Windows 10 I have, but I could be mistaken so I apologise in advance. I leave for a few minutes and when I come back it’s not...
  6. Gaming PC no longer has ability to connect to wireless WiFi??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My wifi is not connecting and has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi is not connecting and has disappeared.: my wifi disconnected today and i cant find it now. it won't show me the wifi thing or networks. I went to my adapter settings and my wifi is fully gone. it is now just both of my ethernets. Please help....
  8. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi: I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware being used, as I have had the same issue with a usb N300 wifi adapter, a cheap generic usb wifi adapter and the current PCI-E...
  9. WiFi has disappeared???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi has disappeared???: My wifi has completely disappeared from my HPlaptop I have checked airplane mode and it is off. The wifidoes not appear anywhere. Checked adapter settings not there!! Help...
  10. Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?: This happened about a month ago. I brought my laptop from my room to the living room for the first time that day, and it simply couldn’t connect to the internet. Before I moved the laptop it was working fine. I don't know if that info is necessary, but it might be important....