Windows 10: Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

Discus and support Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This happened about a month ago. I brought my laptop from my room to the living room for the first time that day, and it simply couldn’t connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jia-En, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Jia-En Win User

Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

This happened about a month ago. I brought my laptop from my room to the living room for the first time that day, and it simply couldn’t connect to the internet. Before I moved the laptop it was working fine. I don't know if that info is necessary, but it might be important.

The little wifi symbol on the bottom bar is just totally gone, and opening the wifi panel through settings just displays a blank panel. I checked out the drivers, and attempted to deleted and reinstalled them multiple times, and had no result. I was able to do so as I bought an external USB adapter that allowed me to connect to the WiFi, but unfortunately, it was fairly low quality and began malfunctioning not long after. I bought a better quality one later, but that has begun to start malfunctioning as it now has trouble connecting to the WiFi for extended periods of time. I also ran all the possible scans that I could, but they failed to identify anything that could help me.

Does anyone know what this problem is? And how I can fix it? I don’t want to be constantly buying new WiFi adapters, and it would be much nicer to be able to fix it all without needing a huge obtrusive antenna sticking out of my USB port.

My computer is an HP Pavilion, specifically from System Info HP Laptop 15-da0xxx. I have an SSD that I bought to replace my failed hard drive, that I installed sometimes in Feb-March. Otherwise, the laptop is a little over 2.5 years old. I can provide extra info and/or screenshots as needed. Thanks in advance! :

PS: Not sure exactly how to categorize this, but I think "Device and Drivers" is correct as it seems to be a driver issue, but I totally might be wrong.

:)

Jia-En, Jul 10, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 10, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

I have lost my wifi ability. My device manager has no network adapter listed.

I have lost my wifi ability.

My device manager has no network adapter listed.

It seems I am not alone in this predicament (thanks Windows 10!).

Any suggestions gratefully received

jeffery_939, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone?

1. Ability to connect to WiFi is totally gone? - Similar Threads - Ability connect WiFi

2. WiFi icon is gone, can't connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi icon is gone, can't connect to WiFi: Device: Lenovo Idea pad 3I've suddenly had an issue where my WiFi icon has disappeared and I can't connect to anything. I've tried network reset countless times and nothing appears, I've restarted my laptop and even tried restoring to the last save program. The Intel WiFi 6 A...
  3. WiFi icon is gone, can't connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi icon is gone, can't connect to WiFi: Device: Lenovo Idea pad 3I've suddenly had an issue where my WiFi icon has disappeared and I can't connect to anything. I've tried network reset countless times and nothing appears, I've restarted my laptop and even tried restoring to the last save program. The Intel WiFi 6 A...
  4. How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?: My computer Windows 11, Dell laptop has stopped connecting to my wifi. Any time I restart my computer it connects to it for a moment, but then seems to automatically disconnect. When I try to open the wifi settings through the task bar or by going through the settings, it...
  5. How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?

How to fix my computer's ability to connect to wifi?: My computer Windows 11, Dell laptop has stopped connecting to my wifi. Any time I restart my computer it connects to it for a moment, but then seems to automatically disconnect. When I try to open the wifi settings through the task bar or by going through the settings, it...
  6. Computer gone totally nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer gone totally nuts: Hello,I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1. A while ago it started acting strangely. It is impossible to type because everything deletes automatically after a few seconds. If I right click the box closes by itself after a couple of seconds. I can use the mouse with left...
  7. Computer gone totally nuts

Computer gone totally nuts: Hello,I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 8.1. A while ago it started acting strangely. It is impossible to type because everything deletes automatically after a few seconds. If I right click the box closes by itself after a couple of seconds. I can use the mouse with left...
  8. ability to connect to wifi has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ability to connect to wifi has disappeared: On my Network & Internet Settings, the wifi icon has disappeared. I see Airplane Mode, but I can not select it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ability-to-connect-to-wifi-has-disappeared/8cfe6474-fc05-4373-b531-e47f9d1dfd2f
  9. Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop computer loses ability to connect to wifi: I have a desktop computer with windows 10 that intermittently loses the ability to connect any wifi network. This is independent of the wifi hardware being used, as I have had the same issue with a usb N300 wifi adapter, a cheap generic usb wifi adapter and the current PCI-E...
  10. [Question] the ability to connect to wifi is just totally gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] the ability to connect to wifi is just totally gone?: this happened about a month ago. I opened my computer for the first time that day, and I just couldn’t connect to the internet. the little wifi symbol on the bottom bar was gone, and opening the wifi panel through settings just displayed a blank panel. I tried checking out my...