Windows 10: Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop

Discus and support Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 version 10.0 Build 18363 and Photoshop CC 2020. I have been a Photoshop user since Photoshop 4 in 1996 and a Windows user even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by filmlaw, May 12, 2020.

1. filmlaw Win User

Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop

I have Windows 10 version 10.0 Build 18363 and Photoshop CC 2020. I have been a Photoshop user since Photoshop 4 in 1996 and a Windows user even longer. I just recently d/l Photoshop CC and this is the first time I am unable to associate jpegs with Photoshop for images not found in a Lightroom catalog. In other words, landing on a ransom jpeg that I wish to open only opens in Photos or Paint with no option to search for other applications that also includes Photoshop. I have tried the default app approach. In fact, in consultation with customer service from Microsoft, Adobe and the computer manufacturer over the course of 48 hours, I have tried everything they suggested.

The only thing that I think is left is a change in the registry however I am not certain that will work and not certain how to do it if it can work.

Frankly, I think it looks like this is purposeful on the part of Microsoft which, if true is anti-competitive and likely an unfair trade practice.

Any thoughts that anyone has on how to solve this issue would be appreciated.

:)

filmlaw, May 12, 2020

2. How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

If that's the case, kindly try these steps and see if this resolves the issue:

• Open File Explorer, then right-click on a JPEG file.
    • Select Properties, then click Change beside
      Opens with.
    • Select Photoshop. If Photoshop is not on the list, select
      Look for another app on this PC
    • From the list, select Photoshop.

If the Photoshop app is missing, we highly suggest that you update the app or uninstall; then reinstall the Photoshop app through Windows Store.

Get back to us should you need further help.

Vanessa Oca, May 12, 2020
  3. otooleg Win User
    How can I change my default view of images to my Photoshop jpeg format?

Thanks at last - that worked !!!!!!

otooleg, May 12, 2020
  4. Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop

File associations for Photoshop impossible

I have Windows 10 Pro, the latest update. I installed Photoshop CC 2018, and Windows won't let me change many of the basic image file associations to point at Photoshop. For many of them, it isn't even an option in either the file association menu or or
    the "open with" choice on an individual file. If I try to associate files extensions "by app" in Windows, Photoshop doesn't appear as a choice in the long list of all apps.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop to no avail.

Has someone seen this problem and found a resolution?

Thank you for your help,

Scott

Hogwallowsc, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop

1. Ability to make a file association in Microsoft 10 to open jpegs with Photoshop - Similar Threads - Ability file association

2. Opening NEF-files with Photoshop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening NEF-files with Photoshop: I have purchased Photoshop Elements 2020 through Windows Store. I'm not able to associate NEF-files Nikon RAW files to the program. It do not show up on the list when I'm trying to select the program as default app to open the file type. Please help. Thanks Best regards...
  3. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files: Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004 Installed on - 2020-07-16 OS build - 19041.388 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  4. Can not open jpeg files

Can not open jpeg files: Updated Windows 10 last night and now I can't access any jpeg files. All I get is the message "Package not found". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpeg-files/ec54d0d5-2d07-4027-a6ef-5f06b1c9848d"
  5. Error opening JPEG files

Error opening JPEG files: When I attempt to open a .JPG file holding a photograph, I get the message "Invalid value for registry". I never had any problem opening these files before. How do I fix this and get to my photos?...
  6. Opening JPEG files

Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387
  7. Cannot open jpeg files

Cannot open jpeg files: ?? I am trying to work with images and I cannot open jeg files.. the windows photo view is not the option. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-jpeg-files/5efd03a1-cb88-45cd-93ca-e19b194086bb"
  8. Default Photoshop App for jpeg

Default Photoshop App for jpeg: I wish to set Adobe Photoshop 2019 as my default for jpegs. Can do this for Tiffs and PSDs but not jpegs. Om Settomgs under set defaults by app Adobe Photoshop 2019 is not there but I have it on my computer and it works ok. Also in choose default applications by file...
  9. Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop

Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop: Hello Can't change file association for .jpg .png . jpeg to open with Photoshop The old association returns Always the files association with Paint 3D or Photos in Win10 [ATTACH] [ATTACH] It does not happen in both ways Thank you...
  10. Can't associate .ai file to Illustrator or .psd file to photoshop

Can't associate .ai file to Illustrator or .psd file to photoshop: I have tried everything to associate the .ai file to illustrator. All my .ai files are associated with Acrobat rt click - open with - choose another app - more apps - look for another app on the pc I navigate to Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Illustrator CC 2018/Support...