Windows 10: Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

Discus and support Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Can someone confirm that Microsoft actually removed the ability to schedule quiet hours in Windows 10? If appears the scheduling function was removed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Consultant1027, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

Can someone confirm that Microsoft actually removed the ability to schedule quiet hours in Windows 10? If appears the scheduling function was removed and they added "Focus Assist" which only allows you to MANUALLY TOGGLE the notification sound suppression.

:)

Consultant1027, Oct 3, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

Hi, I find this interesting (in a warped, twisted sort of way *Wink)
    Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10 - Windows Help -

Set Quiet Hours in Windows 10

Applies to Windows 10
    Quiet Hours are times of day when you don't want to be disturbed by notifications. How to set them up:

• 1. Click the Action Center icon on the taskbar.
    • 2. Click Quiet hours.
      3. Set your Quiet Hours.
    The last (3) seems to suggest there is a setting - but as you - and others- have observed it seems to be just an on/off button now.

E.g.
    Windows 10: No scheduled Quiet Hours? - Windows Central Forums
    I've not seen Quiet hours on, so can't comment on your other query, sorry.

dalchina, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Issues enabling Quiet hours

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Are you referring to Quiet Hours in Mobile device or Computer?

I have tried to repro the Quiet hours and is working in the final Windows 10 on Computers.

You may follow the steps below and check if it works:

• Take your mouse pointer to the Notification Area icon on the Taskbar near the corner in the right side and make a right click.

• You can see two options on a menu – First Option isAction Center and the Second is Turn On quiet hours.

• ClickTurn on quiet hours.

• To Turn off Quiet hours make a right click on the Notification area icon once more.

• Click Turn off Quiet hours this time.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

Issues enabling Quiet hours

Giridhar - Thanks for trying to respond, but your response is not helpful. Turning Quiet Hours on/off is not a problem in the Notification area on my PC. The problem is that there does not seem to be any way to set QH for a particular time range
    - let's say between 11:59pm to 06:00am Monday to Friday - as an example. I've seen references to being able to perform that setting adjustment through Cortana's Notebook - but that option does not appear on my PC.

I would consider the "Quiet Hours" issue a "Major" oversight, calling it "Minor" is an understatement. There are so many options that Microsoft has buried or flat-out omitted. That I fear will not be addressed in the latest Windows 10 (I could be wrong)

Quiet Hours settings are just the beginning of a long list of "assumptions & oversights" designed I fear shows us that Microsoft's ability to release a fully functional product, without having to release a body bag update (SP1) 6 months after release. Somethings
    never change, I guess.

johnmiles2010, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed?

1. Ability to SCHEDULE Quiet Hours in Windows Removed? - Similar Threads - Ability SCHEDULE Quiet

2. Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Hourly Chime with Task Scheduler: I have been trying to setup an hourly chime sound to stop my Logitech Z906 sound system from switching off when no activity on my computer. I copied this program that someone had used but cannot get it working on Task Scheduler.. Option Explicit Dim sound : sound =...
  3. cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot find quiet hours setting - windows 10: i want to turn off quiet hours, so: "How to configure Quiet Hours in Windows 10 Click the Action Center button in the taskbar. It looks like a speech bubble. Right-click Quiet hours. Click Go to settings. Click the switches beneath any options you'd like to disable or...
  4. Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to create Quiet hours or schedule for Windows Defender: I want to create a schedule where Windows defender is inactive. I have noticed that when playing games I get small micro-freezes and have identified these as hard page faults (Resource Monitor) caused by Windows Defender processes. I would like to use gpedit or otherwise to...
  5. Malwarebytes Automated Scheduling will not remove schedule

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes Automated Scheduling will not remove schedule: I have Malwarebytes version 2.1.8.1057 (Free) installed on 2 Win 10 machines. Automated Scheduling has two entries, Check for Updates and Threat Scan. The former Repeats once every hour and the latter Repeats once ever day. This combination causes repeated appearance on my...
  6. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: Moved to General Discussion. 32979
  7. Quiet Hours Symbol

in Windows 10 Support
    Quiet Hours Symbol: Every time I boot up or reboot the notification shows the PC has turned on quiet hours and the little Quiet hours symbol shows. I can turn quiet hours off manually by going into the notification area and toggle the quiet hours pane. I do not wish to do this every boot...
  8. Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting a more configurable Quiet Hours feature: Windows 10’s Quiet Hours feature, first introduced on Windows Phone, is getting upgraded with the upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 4 release. Microsoft is currently testing a new version of the Quiet Hours feature in an internal build of Windows 10, first leaked by Synergy...
  9. Using "Quiet Time" on MY schedule.

in Windows 10 Support
    Using "Quiet Time" on MY schedule.: On my machine, quiet time seems to turn itself on and off, at what schedule I cannot tell. However, it is NOT turning it on and off according to the 12 am to 6 am schedule as averred by Microsoft. Quiet time for my machine is a wide swath through the middle of the day, when I...
  10. Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Action Center Stuck in Quiet Hours: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Version 10.0.10586 according to the `ver` command). When I first installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago, the Action Center behaved in a way I would have considered normal. At some point in the evening, it would go into "quiet hours" and I looked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone quiet hours removed