Windows 10: ability to turn off / on PIN feature

Discus and support ability to turn off / on PIN feature in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a Surface Pro 8 for personal use. I had to select a PIN, and now whenever I am away for a bit, I have to log back in using this PIN. I'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by freedda1, Feb 4, 2022.

1. freedda1 Win User

ability to turn off / on PIN feature

I just got a Surface Pro 8 for personal use. I had to select a PIN, and now whenever I am away for a bit, I have to log back in using this PIN. I'd like to be able to disable this feature at times, like when I'm at home and security is not a concern; and I'd also like to be able to turn on the PIN if I'm out in the world or traveling with my device. I did see some instructions for how to disable the PIN, but it seemed complicated, and not really a 'feature' that I'm am meant to be able to access and control. Please Microsoft, please add this feature into a future update for Win 11.

:)

freedda1, Feb 4, 2022
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Feb 4, 2022
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 4, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

1. ability to turn off / on PIN feature - Similar Threads - ability turn off

2. ability to turn off / on PIN feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ability to turn off / on PIN feature: I just got a Surface Pro 8 for personal use. I had to select a PIN, and now whenever I am away for a bit, I have to log back in using this PIN. I'd like to be able to disable this feature at times, like when I'm at home and security is not a concern; and I'd also like to be...
  3. Turning off PIN login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off PIN login: I just rec'd my laptop that was supposed to have Win 10, but had Win 11 instead. I want to turn off PIN login, but the button to remove is grayed out. Contacted HP tech support & was told it was a software issue & I needed to contact SmartFriend. I purposely chose a laptop...
  4. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  5. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  6. How to turn off pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to turn off pin: how to turn this off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-pin/da8886b4-6103-4204-876a-b022ebd6d046
  7. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  8. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  9. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off": Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys) I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack! The problem is, after I...
  10. Turn on/off features blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn on/off features blank: Hi all, really stumped on this one device is a windows 10 surface tablet (LTSB), that was working fine on a domain. Linked to a WSUS, and has sccm installed. I went into windows turn windows features on and off and enabled asp.net 4.5 or was it 4.6 and rebooted, now...