Windows 10: "AbiWord cannot open...It appears to be an invalid document."

Discus and support "AbiWord cannot open...It appears to be an invalid document." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running v2.8. Latest v is 3.0.2. Win 10 Home. Created a Doc y'day but when I attempt to Open get the above mssg. ..never had a problem prior & have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MrBot, Nov 12, 2018.

1. MrBot Win User

"AbiWord cannot open...It appears to be an invalid document."

I'm running v2.8. Latest v is 3.0.2. Win 10 Home. Created a Doc y'day but when I attempt to Open get the above mssg. ..never had a problem prior & have been using this v of AbiWord for over 18 mos. ..am able to Open my other .abw Docs.

:)

MrBot, Nov 12, 2018

2. an invalid document

Hello,

For us to isolate the issue further, kindly answer the following:

• What application are you using to open the document? Kindly specify.
    • What is the file size and format of the document you’re trying to open?
    • Did you receive a prompt? What is the exact error message?
    • What application did you use to create the document?

We’ll wait for your response.

Sherry Bel, Nov 12, 2018
  3. an invalid document

Hello,

We’ll wait for your response.

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Sherry Bel.

Title: an invalid document

Hello,

• I don't know how to answer this. I just right click “open”.

• There is about fourteen lines of print and I guess you could regard it as ABI format.

• This is an invalid. I will add a snip of the prompt

• Is ABI Word considered to be an application?

• Thanks again for your attention
    We’ll wait for your response

georgefrtsch, Nov 12, 2018
  4. "AbiWord cannot open...It appears to be an invalid document."

an invalid document

Why do I receive a prompt that indicates an invalid document when it was previously opened in W#10

georgefrtsch, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

"AbiWord cannot open...It appears to be an invalid document."

1. "AbiWord cannot open...It appears to be an invalid document." - Similar Threads - AbiWord cannot open

2. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  3. Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Open Word or Excel Documents: Hi,I can't open Word or Excel files in File Explorer. I don't get any kind of error message. It just clocks and when I click the upper right corner 'x' to close file explorer it puts not responding on the file explorer bar.I can open ,pdf and .jpeg files.Is anyone else having...
  4. Cannot open file document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open file document: I just saved a file document onto a flashdrive from a windows 7 computer.I then tried to open the file on my windows 10 computer. But the file displays numeric values and symbols.I tried a file cheker and it coulnt open the file.Possible Encoding Error or format ?When i set...
  5. Cannot open file document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open file document: I just saved a file document onto a flashdrive from a windows 7 computer.I then tried to open the file on my windows 10 computer. But the file displays numeric values and symbols.I tried a file cheker and it coulnt open the file.Possible Encoding Error or format ?When i set...
  6. Cannot open file document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot open word documents

Cannot open word documents: When I try to open a word document in a file, the circular blue buffering symbol replaces my cursor and the folder grays out and "Not Responding" appears next to the folder name. The file never opens and I have to close out of the folder. I have no problem opening pdfs, excel...
  8. Cannot open .pdf documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open .pdf documents: Hello, I've used .pdf for years on my computer, I've been using Windows 10 for since it came out. I see on your site that there were earlier problesm like this when it first came out. I've not had this problem before, but starting last week I can't open .pdf files. I get...
  9. I cannot open Word documents

I cannot open Word documents: My OS is Windows 10 and I have recently installed Office 365 but I cannot open either a new document docx or one attached to an email . While an error message sometimes appears it disappears off the screen before I can read it. Any suggestions as to what's going on and how to...
  10. Cannot open documents on Windows 10

Cannot open documents on Windows 10: I have Windows 10 64 bit which has been running perfectly. Suddenly when I try to open a document the blue circle goes round and nothing else happens. I have tried every document. The only ones I can open are pdf files or if I move them across to Drive. Any advice very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i try to open a document it appears as lines of y

2. abiword invalid document

3. ABI WORD WONT OPEN DOUMENT

4. Abiword cannot open because it is an invalid document