Windows 10: Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI

Discus and support Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 Home edition in my laptop. I am able to connect to my home network through LAN cable but when I am trying to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prasanth_Eda, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 Home edition in my laptop. I am able to connect to my home network through LAN cable but when I am trying to connect to my home network through WIFI, I am unable to connect.

I have tried troubleshooting. I have tried disabling and enabling wireless adapter. I have tried updating network adapters. None of them fixed the problem.

Kindly help me in fixing this.

Thank You,

Prasanth

:)

Prasanth_Eda, Feb 24, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 24, 2019
  3. TAU
    Tau Win User
    Multiple network/dsl connections??

You could connect to multiple networks and use each network for a seperate task, though there would be a fair bit of setup involved.... but it would pay off (my prototypign box is setup on 3 networks *Smile Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI :)

4. Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI

1. Able to connect to a network through LAN but unable to connect to the same network through WIFI - Similar Threads - Able connect network

2. WIFI Unable to connect to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Unable to connect to network: I am having a problem connecting to the WiFi.It either shows no wifi network or show my one.When I try to connect to my network, it refuses. It keeps saying Unable to connect to network. I wrote the password correctly. Sometimes there would not be any networks. It happened...
  3. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  4. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.: I have my PC connected via Lan Cable and my phone connected via Wifi. Remote file access to my phone does not work and the error says that my phone is not connected on the network. I also have the similar error using Window's Phone link. Can you help me resolve this so that I...
  5. PC connected via Lan and Phone connected via Wifi not in the same network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Connect to a hidden network on Win 10 through wifi?

Connect to a hidden network on Win 10 through wifi?: So the way windows 10 works is: The only way to connect to a network is through the network list. The way hidden networks work is: It is hidden so it does not show up in any network lists. Starting to see the problem here? I contacted windows customer support about...
  7. WIFI symbol is not appaering Laptop connected through LAN

WIFI symbol is not appaering Laptop connected through LAN: My HP laptop is working on LAN But wifi connection is not appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-symbol-is-not-appaering-laptop-connected/843768c0-94b7-4142-a15d-27cdf455ab55
  8. Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi

Not able to connect to the internet through WiFi: Good morning. Last night I was working by connecting the laptop to the internet through phone. All of a sudden it was disconnected and from that time I am not able to see the available devices in my network option. Only the Airplane mode is there. Please have a look:...
  9. Connect/play through wifi/network speaker

Connect/play through wifi/network speaker: Hey, I have a bose soundlink connected to my household wifi network. I have recently bought a new hp pavilion with windows 10 installed. On any mobile or apple device when playing music you can hit the airplay button and select the bose speaker. Therefore anyone can play...
  10. WiFi network is unable to connect

WiFi network is unable to connect: Havent been able to connect to my home wifi for about a week and a half. Computer will work with ethernet and phone hotspot. Ive tried all the basics and still nothing. Removing and adding wifi, soft reset, checked all firewalls and temporarily disabled everything. Open to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. able to connect thru ethernet but unable to connect thru wi-fi