Windows 10: able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?

Discus and support able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was thinking about ordering win 10 home retail version on flash drive from new egg but, I wanted to verify I would be able to disable the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by p5200, May 3, 2016.

1. p5200 Win User

able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now?

I was thinking about ordering win 10 home retail version on flash drive from new egg but, I wanted to verify I would be able to disable the Microsoft auto updates first? I wanted the retail version with key since I upgrade motherboards etc. sometimes and want to be able to reactivate when I need to. Thanks for all info! *Smile

:)

p5200, May 3, 2016
  2. WindowsOS Win User

Win 10 Home Automatic Updates

If you are using the Pro version now you will get Windows 10 Pro. If you are using a "Home" edition you will get Windows 10 Home.

WindowsOS, May 3, 2016
  3. Win 10 Home Automatic Updates

So what you are implying is that since i'm running Windows 8.1 Pro i will download Windows 10 Pro, or do i have to buy that separately and spend more money needlessly?

AaronH0987, May 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, May 3, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, May 3, 2016
  6. p5200 Win User
    Can I still use my Macrium Reflect (home) version to save backup images on my second drive with the windows 10 like I have been doing with my current win 8.1 retail version?

p5200, May 3, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    Actually it is a good idea to copy image backups to an external drive occasionally, as it has been known for a power surge to fry all internal drives.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. able to disable automatic updates on win 10 home now? - Similar Threads - able disable automatic

2. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  3. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  4. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  6. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  7. HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HOW TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC DRIVER UPDATE IN WINDOWS 10 HOME: New updated driver doesn't work smoothly for my laptop. So, Is there any way to disable automatic driver update (PERMANENTLY) when I update window's cumulative/security update?...
  8. WIN 10 PRO key Downgraded To WIN 10 Home Automatically now my pc is not activated.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIN 10 PRO key Downgraded To WIN 10 Home Automatically now my pc is not activated.: WIN 10 PRO key Downgraded To WIN 10 Home Automatically now my pc is not activated.One day suddenly my laptop says that my windows is not activated. when i open troubleshooter it says the key is for win 10 home. HELP!!!!...
  9. Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently

Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently: Hi Microsoft, Lets get one thing straight. ***I*** own my computer and ****I**** decide what it does or does not do. I am beyond sick of having your fingers in my operating system telling me I *HAVE* to update windows. I've seen many people write similar posts about this...
  10. Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home cannot disable automatic "app" updates?: I don't use these garbage "apps", nor do I have a Microsoft Account attached to my computer. Why am I forced to update these bloatware, preinstalled "apps" automatically? [img] 15544