Windows 10: able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows

Discus and support able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using an 11 year old Toshiba Laptop that was originally running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64. It ran win10 previously in 2016, but the system had an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cybot, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Cybot Win User

able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows

I am using an 11 year old Toshiba Laptop that was originally running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64. It ran win10 previously in 2016, but the system had an HDD issue that resulted in me having to doing a factory restore. I upgraded the system once again because I needed to use my laptop once again while my current system is undergoing a second round of warranty repairs with MSI. Somehow during the upgrade from windows 7, the Epson drivers and utilities got really badly hammered. some of the utilities would not uninstall, and the driver uninstall utility would balk when i tried to uninstall th

:)

Cybot, Apr 25, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Virtual Pdf Printer Driver Won't install and Fixes won't work

You might be able, if needed, to get the old version, here at oldapps web site (disclaimer: I do not vouch for this site... check any and downloads with your fav malware/antivirus apps): Old Version of PrimoPDF for Windows XP

PrimoPDF forums are down it seems... however, I found this at PCReview forums, quote from "Unable to Install "Software" Printers":

Same solution on MSDN thread, "cannot install printer driver in XP Embedded":

95Viper, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Installing Printer Drivers on Win Serv 2003

hp doesn't have any drivers that support Window Server 2003 for my printer a PSC 1420V. Is there anyway I can install the drivers, or install substitute drivers?

Thermopylae_480, Apr 25, 2021
  4. able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows

Printer wont install

So my dad got a new printer for Christmas. Its a Kodak EASYSHARE all-in-one 5500 series printer.

I go to install the drivers leaving the printer unplugged from the computer (power cord is plugged in) and the instructions state to plug in the USB device when prompted. Okay...I wait until prompted and plug it in. It still sits there at the screen telling me to insert the USB cable to the back of the printer. I have tried it with the printer on and with it off. I have even tried using drivers off Kodak's website.

Not really sure what to do. Vista doesnt even try to install a driver for it when i plug it into the motherboard. Ive never had this problem with a printer before.

Not sure if i put this in the right section or not so if it isnt, mods feel free to move it. However it will be a networked printer. *Stick Out Tongue able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows :p

Any ideas guys?

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows

1. able to install printer driver, but unable to install printer into windows - Similar Threads - able install printer

2. Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC: My Ricoh SP112 DDST Printer stopped working in the middle of a job. Tried everything to work including rebooting, and as a last resort uninstalled the Printer Driver to re-instal. Failed to install driver r64399L13, size 9.35 MB, 27 unzipped files on PC Windows 10 64 Bit. No...
  3. Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC: My Ricoh SP112 DDST Printer stopped working in the middle of a job. Tried everything to work including rebooting, and as a last resort uninstalled the Printer Driver to re-instal. Failed to install driver r64399L13, size 9.35 MB, 27 unzipped files on PC Windows 10 64 Bit. No...
  4. Unable to instal Printer Driver on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  6. Unable to install printer

Unable to install printer: The printer I'm trying to install is a Brother DCP T220. It shows in the devices list but doesn't show when I'm trying to print something. I tried installing drivers from the CD that came with it. Tried installing manually, but everytime I run into this dialogue box. Please...
  7. Unable to install printer drivers

Unable to install printer drivers: I recently changed my old hard drive to a ssd drive and installed Windows fresh.I'm having difficulty installing my Brother printer drivers. I've searched the web for this problem and didn't find anything useful! I download the driver file and when I run as administrator,...
  8. Unable to install printer driver

Unable to install printer driver: Unable to install legacy printer - Brother MFC-9700 onto Windows 10 64 bit. The Brother site says that "The built-in driver is already included with Windows® Operating System or is available through Windows® update." It does not. Going through device manager and trying to...
  9. Unable to install my printer drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to install my printer drivers: After I restored my pc due to getting the blue screen, all is well, except that I can't install my Brother printer drivers! It says Windows protected your PC, Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at...
  10. Unable to install the Printer drivers on Windows 10

Unable to install the Printer drivers on Windows 10: I have two printers---Brother MFC7860DW and Brother MFC 7360N. I downloaded the printer drivers for each. I ran each program to install. During the installation, it asked if I wanted to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I chose the USB connection and...