Windows 10: Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

Discus and support Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We purchased Windows 10 Professional for an employee to download onto her personal computer. If she leaves the company, do we have any ability to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SadieL_410, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

We purchased Windows 10 Professional for an employee to download onto her personal computer. If she leaves the company, do we have any ability to remove that product key or use it again for a new employee? Or is that license "gone"?

My guess is we don't have that ability, but want to make sure...

:)

SadieL_410, Jul 22, 2019

2. deactivate visio pro 2016 license

Just left company and Visio Pro 2016 license was setup using my personal MS account. Obviously no longer need and need to deactivate the license for another employee to use. How to do this?

RustyRetire, Jul 22, 2019
  3. z3r010 Win User
    MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

z3r010, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

How do you deactivate Windows 10 license on one computer and then install it on another?

I am getting rid of the computer that has a full version of Windows 10 home installed on it. I want to use that license on a different computer. I cannot find within the Microsoft account a listing of the computers that have licenses and how I can deactivate
    the old computer.

MichaelQUESNEL1, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

1. Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer? - Similar Threads - Able remotely deactivate

2. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  3. Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license: HiI am trying to deactivate the Windows10 Pro from 1 computer to use it in a new one.I login with my user which is a admin and have run the following commands:slmgr.vbs /upkslmgr -cpkyBothe commands came back with successfully removed license and Product key from registry...
  4. Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license: HiI am trying to deactivate the Windows10 Pro from 1 computer to use it in a new one.I login with my user which is a admin and have run the following commands:slmgr.vbs /upkslmgr -cpkyBothe commands came back with successfully removed license and Product key from registry...
  5. Can't deactivate Windows 10 Pro with digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 pro digital license continually deactivates

Windows 10 pro digital license continually deactivates: Hello, I am on Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.870. Problem background: The laptop was purchased in China and had Windows 10 home China. In order to change the language to English I purchased Windows 10 Pro through Microsoft service and installed it with a...
  7. Not able to transfer Windows 10 pro license

Not able to transfer Windows 10 pro license: Hi there, Our organization requested we update our computers to Windows 10 Pro. Which I did in January of this year through the Microsoft store. I recently upgraded my laptop and was told by microsoft support that in my case, my Windows 10 pro license is not transferable....
  8. Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock

Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock: Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with finding out how to remotely deactivate Windows 10 / MS Office product keys on a laptop that was sent for repair. Now it's turning out that the manufacturer cannot repair the laptop due to the supply chain broken with the...
  9. deactivate visio pro 2016 license

deactivate visio pro 2016 license: Just left company and Visio Pro 2016 license was setup using my personal MS account. Obviously no longer need and need to deactivate the license for another employee to use. How to do this?...
  10. Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since release, upgraded from a Windows 8.1 Pro retail license (I believe I still have the original packaging somewhere). Today an "Activate Windows" notice popped up on my screen, and the activation troubleshooter informs me that I have a...