Windows 10: Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another?

Discus and support Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We had a demo MS365 Business Premium tenant that expired, and we had set up a Windows 10 Business computer as a demo computer with all the apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lowell-P, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Lowell-P Win User

Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another?

We had a demo MS365 Business Premium tenant that expired, and we had set up a Windows 10 Business computer as a demo computer with all the apps connected to that tenant. We set up a new tenant, and this time chose MS365 Enterprise. All works well in the computer, got it removed from the old tenant and signed in with an admin user on the new tenant, except Windows 10 won't activate.

The old tenant upgraded Win10 Pro to Business, naturally. And when I removed the computer from being associated from the old tenant of course it is no longer activated. However, I believe with MS 365 Enterprise the computer will get Win10 Enterprise. That might be the problem, but I would have thought that Win10 Pro or Business could in-place upgrade to Enterprise in this subscription.

Either way, anyone dealt with this before? In essence, disregarding the "demo tenant" side of things this would be like taking a computer that was previously connected to and activated by MS 365 Business Premium Tenant 1, and moving it to a new tenant, MS 365 Enterprise Tenant 2. If I have to wipe the computer and rebuild I'll do that, but it seems like that drastic of a move shouldn't be necessary.

Moved from: Install, upgrade and activate / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Family

:)

Lowell-P, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Jensr_ Win User

Can't activate Win10 Enterprise with M365 E3 license

I am not able to activate my Win10 Enterprise though I have a M365 E3 license.

My device is connected to Azure AD and online. I get error code 0xC004C003.

My Win10 is up to date.

Does anyone have a clue what to do?

Best,

Jens

Jensr_, Apr 30, 2020
  3. M365 Enteprise - Is an underlying OEM OS required in order to deploy Windows on to laptops using M365

M365 Business and M365 Enterprise are the only ones but the requirements are the same as enterprise

Neftali Ramirez, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another?

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another?

1. Able to switch Win10 from one M365 tenant to another? - Similar Threads - Able switch Win10

2. I want to switch my M365 subcription from Personal to instead use my M365 Business Premium...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to switch my M365 subcription from Personal to instead use my M365 Business Premium...: When I set-up Win11, it was configured as Home mistakenly by the OEM, so I set-up with my MSA. I then activated Win11 Pro. It's not letting me change from my personal M365 account to my work M365 Business Premium or whatever the new name is account ... how do i do that?...
  3. Can I switch my licensed Win10 pro from one device to another?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I switch my licensed Win10 pro from one device to another?: I have an old laptop i7-5th gen Dell.. during the upgrade it got upgraded to Win10pro from win7 and it is connected to my Microsoft email. I would like to know will I be able to switch my Win10 pro from the current laptopsystem/hardware/device to another Blank new...
  4. How to switch parental control from one account to another

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to switch parental control from one account to another: I am in this position: I've installed my girl laptop using a new account microsoft accountgirl2020 with a new google mail*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Now I want to use parental control for this account from my personal account mail *** Email address is...
  5. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  6. How to switch backups from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to switch backups from one drive to another: My computer had Windows 7 which I upgraded to Windows 10. I was using the Windows Backup program but my drive ran out of room and it had to stop backing up and gave me errors. Now I bought a new 8 TB usb external drive. I changed my settings to back up to that drive and it...
  7. Not able to create another user in Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not able to create another user in Win10: I created a child account and then removed it. Now when I try to add another user account with same Microsoft account as was used for the child account, it wont let me....
  8. How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?

How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?: I have two Win10 desktop computers, each connected by a cable to a single modem/router. I would like to set up a "network" which will allow me to access files on one computer from another and vice versa. Any suggestions on how to do this?...
  9. TRANSFER FILES FROM ONE DESKTOP (WIN10) TO ANOTHER DESKTOP (WIN10)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TRANSFER FILES FROM ONE DESKTOP (WIN10) TO ANOTHER DESKTOP (WIN10): I HAVE TWO LENOVO windows 10 desktops and want to transfer all my files and media to the other one. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-one-desktop-win10-to-another/08490045-8898-4c7d-99c3-f50c0ca776d4
  10. Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another: I have Win10 installed on my laptop and also on a VirtualBox VM. I have several folders shared on the VM. When I try to view the shares on the VM from my laptop I get the Windows Security dialog and when I enter the username and password for the VM I get an invalid username...