Windows 10: Able to take remote desktop only with Specific WIFI connection

Discus and support Able to take remote desktop only with Specific WIFI connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I access my office computer from my personal laptop by taking remote desktop(connected through VPN). When i connect it through my Home WIFI it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeepakJain_85, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Able to take remote desktop only with Specific WIFI connection

Hi,

I access my office computer from my personal laptop by taking remote desktop(connected through VPN). When i connect it through my Home WIFI it works fine. but when i connect it through any other WIFI connection(made through hotspot of phone network) then it doesn't work fine. System not able to search my office computer.

Don't know what setting i am missing due to which my home system is able to connect to my office computer only with specific WIFI. i have window 10 on my laptop.

Please help. i am very much suffering due to this problem

Thanks,
    Deepak Jain

:)

DeepakJain_85, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

Kari, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Cjefferi Win User

Able to take remote desktop only with Specific WIFI connection

Remote desktop connection over Bluetooth with no wifi Present

I have a pocket PC device that operates on Windows Mobile 6.1 and a laptop that operates on Windows 10. I would like to be able to use the pocket PC to control the laptop via remote desktop, however, there is no wifi present. Is it possible to establish
    a remote desktop connection with bluetooth instead of wifi?

Cjefferi, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Able to take remote desktop only with Specific WIFI connection

1. Able to take remote desktop only with Specific WIFI connection - Similar Threads - Able remote desktop

2. Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...: I’m not able to connect to my Remote Desktop using mac wifi it shows connected but dont show the desktop for work a pop up shows you aren’t connected. On same laptop the connection gets established using mobile data and can work. Is this issue with router or any settings...
  3. Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mac laptop is Unable to connect to Remote Desktop with WiFi but still able to connect via...: I’m not able to connect to my Remote Desktop using mac wifi it shows connected but dont show the desktop for work a pop up shows you aren’t connected. On same laptop the connection gets established using mobile data and can work. Is this issue with router or any settings...
  4. Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved: Hello everyone,I have some trouble with the remote desktop connection tool on the same network. I am trying to connect from a mac using microsoft remote desktop to my windows 10 pro pc, the first connection is succesful but when I disconnect I am unable to reconnect. The only...
  5. Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved

Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved: Hello everyone,I have some trouble with the remote desktop connection tool on the same network. I am trying to connect from a mac using microsoft remote desktop to my windows 10 pro pc, the first connection is succesful but when I disconnect I am unable to reconnect. The only...
  6. Is there a Remote Desktop specific for Windows 11?

Is there a Remote Desktop specific for Windows 11?: Is there a Remote Desktop specific for Windows 11? Before I upgraded from Windows 10, my connection had been fine. Since being on 11, it's slow at best despite fast network connection, and frequently hangs or drops the connection. My local machine is the Windows 11, and I'm...
  7. Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop and VPN, only able to connect via cellphone hotspot: To be able to work from home I use a VPN to connect to my work-PC using a remote desktop. But when I connect to my wifi and start the VPN connection, I'm unable to connect to the remote desktop. This error shows: "The remote resource can't be reached". But when I use my phone...
  8. Remote Desktop: only on same wifi channel?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: only on same wifi channel?: I have a notebook computer that I use Remote Desktop to log into. My router has a 2.4G radio, and two 5G radios. If the notebook and computer I am using Remote Desktop on are both on the same radio, it works fine. But if the notebook is on one radio and my computer is on...
  9. Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop icon for connecting to a specific WiFi network?: I use a wireless Printer that requires me to connect to its own WiFi signal as if it were a WiFi network in order to use it. For ease of use I'd like to have an icon on my Desktop that I can click to switch from the WiFi network that gives me internet access to the one that...
  10. Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows: How to: Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows How to Create Remote Desktop Connection Shortcut for Specific PC in Windows [img] Information You can use the Remote Desktop Connection (mstsc.exe) or connect to and control your Windows PC...