Windows 10: Abnormal behavior of battery - doesn't reduce from 100%

Discus and support Abnormal behavior of battery - doesn't reduce from 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 with Windows 10. I have a new battery. The battery discharged to 0% and shut down without any low and critical battery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aronquemarr, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Abnormal behavior of battery - doesn't reduce from 100%

I have a Lenovo Ideapad Z580 with Windows 10. I have a new battery. The battery discharged to 0% and shut down without any low and critical battery messages/actions. Following this, I used a VBS script to tell me the battery level at an instant. I also have BatteryBar installed but that's been there for years.

This has happened twice within ten days of getting the new battery. What was happening was much clearer the second time.

I charged my battery up to 72% and then unplugged the adapter. Both BatteryBar & the Windows Battery Indicator showed more or less 72%. After a few minutes, I check again. BatteryBar showed a 100%; Windows Battery Indicator showed 70%. I ran the VBS script - 17%. I restarted my computer, after which both BatteryBar and Windows Battery Indicator showed 100%. The VBS script showed 14 or 15%. The battery level displayed by the BatteryBar and Windows Battery Indicator did not reduce but the VBS script output showed a decrease in battery level. Plugging in the AC adapter had the effect of increasing the output of the VBS script but having no effect on the other two, except that the Windows Battery Indicator would show "100% Plugged in, charging". I unplugged and waited until the output of the VBS script became 0%.

After that, both BatteryBar and Windows Battery Indicator resumed their normal function and started decreasing at their usual rate. The VBS script output started matching the level displayed by the BatteryBar.

Is there any way to fix the readings of the Windows Battery Indicator anything but calibration? The battery dying without a warning is more of a problem than the battery level discrepancy because every time that happens, my battery life is adversely affected. Is there any way to solve this?

:)

aronquemarr, Dec 19, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Abnormal behavior of battery - doesn't reduce from 100% [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 19, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Dec 19, 2019
  4. nCogNeato Win User

Abnormal behavior of battery - doesn't reduce from 100%

nCogNeato, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Abnormal behavior of battery - doesn't reduce from 100%

1. Abnormal behavior of battery - doesn't reduce from 100% - Similar Threads - Abnormal behavior battery

2. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue, In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the process,...
  3. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue, In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the process,...
  4. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue , In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the...
  6. Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue

Windows 10 Mouse/keyboard abnormal behavior and hang issue: I have been using windows 10 on my desktop-PC since 2017 and got no issue , In last month my computer got very slow and sluggishafter that i reinstalled windows and formatted the whole hardisk and created new partition and installed windows in thatafter completing the...
  7. Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery report above 100%, inaccurate, abnormal shutdown, battery drain to 0%: I have the following issue: The laptop discharges during sleep down to 0%. This is below the 5% threshold at which it shuts down automatically when being used. In summary, the laptop drains much energy during sleep at night time. To understand this, the following was done:...
  8. Can Windows Abnormal Caps Lock Behavior be Disabled

Can Windows Abnormal Caps Lock Behavior be Disabled: For decades, this has been a wrench in the works for me and after exhaustive searching on the Internet, I have found no solution. As noted in Wikipedia, Depending on the keyboard layout used, the Shift key, when pressed in combination with a Latin-based letter button while...
  9. Laptop Battery Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Strange Behavior: Recently, I noticed a strange behavior in my laptop's battery. Whenever it is plugged it shows 100% charge but when I unplugged it, it went down to 0 and then computer shut down. I kept it unplugged and then restart the laptop. It started up despite all warnings about the...
  10. my battery doesn't charge 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my battery doesn't charge 100%: my battery doesn't charge 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery/c7d52805-fc65-4bfb-87ee-969242cab345"