Windows 10: Abnormally Slow Data Transfer

Discus and support Abnormally Slow Data Transfer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Within the past week transferring files has become extremely slow. Moving files around the speed fluctuates between 0 mb/s and 12 mb/s, but usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josh-Z, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Josh-Z Win User

Abnormally Slow Data Transfer

Within the past week transferring files has become extremely slow. Moving files around the speed fluctuates between 0 mb/s and 12 mb/s, but usually sticks to the lower end of the range and often drops to 0 mb/s for seconds at a time. I have this issue no matter if I'm copying and pasting files within my laptop's internal drive or to an external drive.

I've already tried using each USB port with multiple external drives. I've also tried turning off the auto tuning feature and disabling Remote Differential Compression. System File Checker found no corrupt files and both Acer Care Center and the error checking feature found no issues with the laptop's hard drive.

What might be the issue and what else should I do to try fixing it? Please tell me if any other information is needed. The laptop is an Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G running Windows 10.

I should also note that before this problem my laptop had corrupt files that were fixed with System File Checker.

:)

Josh-Z, Aug 8, 2019

2. Data transfer is very slow

Hello.......

I am using windows 10 home single language.....

I don't know what happened to my laptop, the data transfer speed between my laptop and the pendrive is very very slow......actually my laptop is pretty good but from few days it became little bit slow.....

And one more point , data transfer from pendrive to laptop it is little bit fast , but from laptop to pendrive is very very slow..........

I have the latest updated version of windows and latest update installed in windows defender too.....

And my laptop configuration is

1) 8 GB ram

2) 7th gen core i7

3) 1 TB HDD

Please let me know the reasons for this problem......

And waiting for your valuable suggestions to resolve that problem ..........

Please find the solution for me........

Thanks ..........

somesh_1996, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Slow data transfer speed.

Hi,

One of the possible reason that this issue occurs is due to the driver compatibility after Windows upgrade. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• What type of data transfer speed are you referring to? Is it internet connection speed or file transfer speed?
    • If you are referring to file transfer speed, are you using USB drive or Bluetooth to process file transfer? or,
    • If you are referring to internet connection speed, are you using Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you tell us any troubleshooting you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Efraim Gar, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Abnormally Slow Data Transfer

Transfer data

Hi,

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• What's the model of your old and new phone?
    • How did you transfer the data from old phone to your new one?
    • What type of data did you transfer?
    • Did you transfer the data directly to SD card or phone storage?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Abnormally Slow Data Transfer

1. Abnormally Slow Data Transfer - Similar Threads - Abnormally Slow Data

2. data transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data transfer: what is the best way to transfer data from old computer to new one 10 to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-transfer/60cd7a6e-560a-44e8-9998-bf6f658bedfe
  3. transfer data is very slow - HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transfer data is very slow - HELP: Hi. I have a really nice pc with great spec and several hard drives and ssds. The primary is an m.2, following by 1 ssd, 2 hd of 2tb 7200rpm and a backup one of 8tb. Im a apple user, but I decided to try windows. The first thing that Im trying to do is to copy my files to...
  4. Abnormally Slow Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Abnormally Slow Download Speeds: Recently, my PC has been showing incredibly slow download speeds from fast.com and speedtest.net (~3-4 Mbps). It was fine about a week ago but I have no idea what changed. I usually average anywhere between (~40-70 Mbps). My ping is low (~15ms) and my upload is normal (~36...
  5. Slow data transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow data transfer rate: I don't understand what the issue is. I'm moving 85gigs from one folder to another within the same folder on the same drive which is a hybrid drive and I've seen it go way faster but small or large it never goes over 55mb/s 151820
  6. Slow data transfer speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow data transfer speed: I bought HP-15dk0045tx recently with 8 gb ram. Afer two months i have data transfer speed issue. My pc transfers data to USB at less than 2 mbp. i have tried at 3.0 port but nothing changed. But same USB transfers data at good speed in other laptop. I m really worried...
  7. TRANSFER DATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TRANSFER DATA: NEW COMPUTER FOR WIFE. HOW TO TRANSFER HER DATA FROM OLD TO NEW COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data/761b3500-1e8a-4d22-8270-68bfdea263b3"
  8. Windows 10 data transfer speeds slow to stop

Windows 10 data transfer speeds slow to stop: I have 3 windows 10 computers. All three are gaming top of the line ssd, 3.0 usb etc. I have tried all of the fixes for the transfer speeds from hdd to usb. I dont understand why Microsoft seems to be ignoring this problem with windows 10. Im almost at the end of my rope,...
  9. Transferring Data

Transferring Data: I have two internal drives on my computer, one has 2TB and one has 250GB. I would like to swap all data between them including the OS. What is the safest way to go about this?...
  10. data transfer

data transfer: trying to use easysuite usb cable to transfer data from windows 7 laptop to windows 10 laptop but windows 10 laptop not recognized as remote host https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/data-transfer/5570b56c-4991-4fbe-be7c-a045bad3288c