Windows 10: About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4...

Discus and support About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CoronaVirus696 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CoronaVirus696, May 23, 2020.

1. About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4...

/u/CoronaVirus696, May 23, 2020
  2. barbslife Win User

ONLY showing using 1 core out of 4 core processor

I don't know a lot about computer hardware or software problems. I run a Dell Inspiron 20 All In One PC. Model 3045. It is a 4 core computer. In the bios and Device Mgr. only shows operating on one core. There is only one item entry. AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon TM) HD Graphics.

A couple weeks ago PC acting weird - first, very slow. Odd messages: such as (not exact error message) Shutting down because of problem will restart. Adapter/Charger check. Bought new dell adapter and no difference

Had my local computer guy check and he is the who told me about only operating on one out of four cores per the bios and device mgr. Called Dell and they ran a diagnostic and advised hardware no problem. Wouldn't address issue of why then does it show only one core operating. Next I called MS and they ran diagnostic and confirmed software ok. They cleaned it up and ran somewhat faster, but not like a new machine.

Any direction you can offer would be appreciated. Dell is 2 1/2 years old.

barbslife, May 23, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Running on 1 core out of 4

Correct. For example, I have an I7-3770K and have hyper threating enabled then it would show: 8

About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4... [​IMG]

Normally, you would use those boxes for diagnostic. For example, if you suspect that one of your RAM sticks is bad then you would want to run Windows on the first stick only instead of physically remove it from the PC.
    I have 16GB and here I isolate my RAM to the first 4GB then system properties would show:

About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4... [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 23, 2020
  4. About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4...

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 23, 2020
Thema:

About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4...

1. About 9 weeks ago my pc starting acting up, it said that I had 1 core only when I have a 4... - Similar Threads - weeks ago starting

2. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...: I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting up severely, not responding for simple tasks like File Explorer for example. Everytime I start the computer up it is slower taking forever to just calculate how long it'll be to move...
  3. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...: I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting up severely, not responding for simple tasks like File Explorer for example. Everytime I start the computer up it is slower taking forever to just calculate how long it'll be to move...
  4. I got this computer about around 3 to 4 months ago and up until a week ago its been acting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Daily BSODs; started about a week ago

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSODs; started about a week ago: Hi, I started having daily (sometimes multiple times daily) BSODs that started about a week ago. It seems like the stop codes for these are different every time. Here are some that I have captured: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  6. My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core

My Processor is 4 Cores but I can't use 4 Cores, I am only able to use 1 Core: Here you can see in the task manager, it shows cores: 1, but in device manager there are 4 cores. I went to System Configuration and turned on all 4 cores and played Minecraft smoothly, but recently Minecraft started lagging. So I went to the task manager and saw this and...
  7. Some weeks ago this started to pop up when i start my pc and i don't know how to fix it....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some weeks ago this started to pop up when i start my pc and i don't know how to fix it....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Captain_Tourette [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jny45a/some_weeks_ago_this_started_to_pop_up_when_i/
  8. Having problems with windows, it started about a week or two ago, after an update I think,...

Having problems with windows, it started about a week or two ago, after an update I think,...: Alright I don't know what happened but for several weeks prior to the main day of black screen of almost impending death, I will get to that in a bit, every night around 3 in the morning, I would loose my internet connection. It wouldn't be permanent maybe like 10 minutes...
  9. Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago

Random BSOD starting about 3 weeks ago: I have been working on a computer that has been experiencing random freezing/BSOD anywhere from once a week to 5+ in one day. It's a Windows 10 Dell Latitude 7400 laptop and was running fine up until somewhere around the second week of May. No USB devices/any other...
  10. Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutdown my PC two weeks ago. Now when I start it up this happens. Anyone have any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheHammer936 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g536c9/shutdown_my_pc_two_weeks_ago_now_when_i_start_it/