Windows 10: About extending ram in my windows 10 pro desktop pc......

Discus and support About extending ram in my windows 10 pro desktop pc...... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My desktop PC has 2 GB DDR2 ram installed. I have additional 4 GB DDR3 ram for it. OS installed is windows 10 pro.(32bit) I want to extend the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJP.1, Sep 8, 2019.

1. JJP.1 Win User

About extending ram in my windows 10 pro desktop pc......

My desktop PC has 2 GB DDR2 ram installed.

I have additional 4 GB DDR3 ram for it.

OS installed is windows 10 pro.(32bit)

I want to extend the ram of my desktop PC to 6 GB.

My motherboard had 2 ram slots.

Out of which, 1 is inserted with 2gb DDR2 ram slot.

2nd slot is empty.

Does my motherboard has the capability of carrying 6 GB ram?????

About extending ram in my windows 10 pro desktop pc...... 669d71ab-54d1-4de8-8b27-28c3faf1ce73?upload=true.jpg My motherboard model About extending ram in my windows 10 pro desktop pc...... :p5G41T-M LX

Manufacturer:Asus.

When I searched CRUCIAL website with this model number, they say that my motherboard is capable of 8gb DDR3 ram.

Can anybody tell me about the capability of my Asus motherboard(P5G41T-M LX)???????

Is it possible to extend my ram to 6gb for my motherboard(P5G41T-M LX)???????

If possible, is it safe to extend the ram????

Is it need any other requisite for extending the ram??????

Please explain me in detail.

:)

JJP.1, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Extended desktop

Hi John,

To better understand your concern about multiple displays in Windows 10, we'd like to know the following:

• The type of connection that you're using to extend your PC's monitor.
    • The process that you've performed to extend your PC's display.
    • The last activities performed on your PC prior to your concern.

Also, we'd like to request for a screenshot of the Display settings of your PC's second screen. To check the Display settings, you can perform the following:

• Right-click anywhere on your Desktop.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • Under Customize your display, select the second screen.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. About extending ram in my windows 10 pro desktop pc...... - Similar Threads - extending ram pro

2. About Ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About Ram: 4GB ram only 2.96 usable.. Why? Hello Microsoft, lately i started to meet a problem with my PC, i have 4gb ram installed to my device but it show's that only 2.96 usable, how's that even possible? i have 64-bit operating system, windows 10 My PC Configuration Please...
  3. About my ram.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    About my ram.: Hi, my laptop used to have one 4gb ram ddr3 stick, i upgraded it by adding another one into the other ram slot. So after months of having 8gb ram i tore down a toshiba satellite laptop which had a 8gb ram stick in it, so i took out one of the 4gb ram sticks and put the 8gb...
  4. ABOUT PC RAM

ABOUT PC RAM: Hi, I'm a user of Windows! I am facing some problems like Memory leak, high usage of ram in my Windows 10 PC. My PC Specifications:- Dell Inspiron 3277 AIO Series, 4gb ram, 1tb of HDD... If I will upgrading my PC ram from 4 gb to 16 gb then also these problems will come?...
  5. about ram

about ram: out of 8gb ram only 5.92gb allocated may i know the reason this windows 10 is trail or full version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ram/30a1ae63-44ab-4aaf-a839-819bd2e8c3db
  6. About windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    About windows 10 desktop: Hello ! I’m having issues with Not able to delete desktop icons or crate icons after using windows 10 update assist . I tried using UAC Method but didn’t worked out . If someone could help me I really appreciate it! Thanks !...
  7. about windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    about windows 10 pro: Process is slow in windows 10 than windows 7. It takes too much time to load. So please make it right in next update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-windows-10-pro/506959e7-2fef-4896-9cdf-fcf5f047d595
  8. Thinking about resetting my windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thinking about resetting my windows 10 pro.: So from like a half week im getting an error 0xc0000006 when I try to start an application. I am thinking to reset my PC but I have a question. From this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall it says that if I select the option keep my...
  9. Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I extend my desktop and duplicate the extended desktop on 2 screen: Howdy, I have a Dell E6430 Laptop with an Intel HD4000 and an Nvidia NVS 5200M card in it. I can use this laptop in a docking station and run on 2 monitors + the laptop screen for a total of 3 displays. What I want to do is have the main desktop on the laptop screen and...
  10. About Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    About Windows 10 Pro: The short version of a long story; Almost a newbie but not a complete dummy about computers (debatable sometimes)so...... Wanted to format and reinstall Windows 10 because I have, per Windows repair/renew, some corrupted files that are not repairable. Looking around for my...