Windows 10: about fingerprint disappeared

Discus and support about fingerprint disappeared in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; after updating to the latest version on my lenove carbon x10, the fingerprint login option has disappeared. I tried to set up the hello the new thing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kwanpuiLiu, Aug 26, 2018.

1. about fingerprint disappeared

after updating to the latest version on my lenove carbon x10, the fingerprint login option has disappeared. I tried to set up the hello the new thing or called system but it said this is not avaliable on my device. Hope someone can help with.

:)

kwanpuiLiu, Aug 26, 2018

2. fingerprint swipe quit working.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the fingerprint
    drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Fingerprint
    drivers.

Method 3

If issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fingerprint
    drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Fingerprint
    driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Fingerprint device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint disappeared and not working anymore

In my case the fingerprint reader was reported faulty and changed under warranty.

But in your case I read something interesting: Windows 8.1 drivers do run in windows 10, although they may not satisfy the W10 requirements (I have not tested, i suggest you to research this)

Have you searched for drivers? because lenovo's drivers are used also to fix the fingerprint on other laptops, have you tried all the steps I did?

Dallatorre, Aug 26, 2018
  4. about fingerprint disappeared

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

about fingerprint disappeared

1. about fingerprint disappeared - Similar Threads - fingerprint disappeared

2. PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.: I turned on my PC sometime ago only to discover that PIN and fingerprint where missing from my signin options. this is a serious problem as I cannot remember my password to save my life.What caused this and how can it be reversed? My guess is probably signing into a work...
  3. PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and fingerprint options have disappeared.: I turned on my PC sometime ago only to discover that PIN and fingerprint where missing from my signin options. this is a serious problem as I cannot remember my password to save my life.What caused this and how can it be reversed? My guess is probably signing into a work...
  4. Fingerprint disappearing automatically after some time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint disappearing automatically after some time?: Hey, I'm a system admin and I tried the maximum that I can for resolving this issue. I set up my fingerprint in my Dell Vostro 7620 Office laptop and it will disappear automatically after some time. Windows PIN also disappears along with the fingerprint. The list of methods...
  5. Fingerprint disappearing automatically after some time?

Fingerprint disappearing automatically after some time?: Hey, I'm a system admin and I tried the maximum that I can for resolving this issue. I set up my fingerprint in my Dell Vostro 7620 Office laptop and it will disappear automatically after some time. Windows PIN also disappears along with the fingerprint. The list of methods...
  6. fingerprint is disappearing automatically after sometime. deleted the NGC folder but still...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint is disappearing automatically after sometime. deleted the NGC folder but still...: fingerprint is disappearing automatically after sometime. deleted the NGC folder but still the issue remains the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-is-disappearing-automatically-after/e1f64efa-3923-486d-a8af-dc0e7bf9a28b
  7. fingerprint is disappearing automatically after sometime. deleted the NGC folder but still...

fingerprint is disappearing automatically after sometime. deleted the NGC folder but still...: fingerprint is disappearing automatically after sometime. deleted the NGC folder but still the issue remains the same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-is-disappearing-automatically-after/e1f64efa-3923-486d-a8af-dc0e7bf9a28b
  8. HELP? Fingerprint Scanner "disappeared" after updating to Windows 11 version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP? Fingerprint Scanner "disappeared" after updating to Windows 11 version 22H2: My fingerprint scanner HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr0012dx purchased 2019 has worked perfectly UNTIL I installed 22H2 yesterday.Now Windows Hello tells me "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".This is redikkelmous! How do I get my...
  9. HELP? Fingerprint Scanner "disappeared" after updating to Windows 11 version 22H2

HELP? Fingerprint Scanner "disappeared" after updating to Windows 11 version 22H2: My fingerprint scanner HP ENVY x360 - 15m-dr0012dx purchased 2019 has worked perfectly UNTIL I installed 22H2 yesterday.Now Windows Hello tells me "We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".This is redikkelmous! How do I get my...
  10. Fingerprint settings disappearing automatically.

Fingerprint settings disappearing automatically.: I have set up my my fingerprint lock in my system. It was running smoothly for couple of weeks but now it is not working. I am setting up fingerprint lock but it removes my finger print after some time automatically. i repeat this several time but each time it removed my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Lenovo fingerprint reader WIndows 10 vanishes on login dual boot

2. no fingerprint option windows login