Windows 10: about google dns and ping

Discus and support about google dns and ping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello can u tell me why when i tracert google dns 8.8.8.8 all of lines when root is going out from my country is like 80 ms but when i want to join... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dan.aeen, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Dan.aeen Win User

about google dns and ping

hello can u tell me why when i tracert google dns 8.8.8.8 all of lines when root is going out from my country is like 80 ms

but when i want to join any usa game server my ping is going up like 200 ms if pingtime is all about distance between ur place nd

server place so why google dns usa place ping is low then other usa servers like game servers thank you for the answer

:)

Dan.aeen, Mar 13, 2019

2. Dns

i use Googles @ 8.8.8.8 for primary
    2ndary is Googles @ 8.8.4.4 and
    3rdary is my ISPs

i ran a DNS benchmark and according to it... googles was the fastest out of a large list.

slyfox2151, Mar 13, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Cloudfare, Quad9, Google, OPEN - the DNS wars!

Extensive list of DNS services:
    Secure DNS servers

Keeping it updated for 4 years now. Currently, Cloudflare DNS holds the crown in 2 departments, performance and privacy. Stay away from Google though. It's an option, but I wouldn't recommend it.

RejZoR, Mar 13, 2019
  4. about google dns and ping

faster dns?

HaHa... some one needs to google what a DNS is/does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System

a quicker DNS will not affect your ingame ping at all.

slyfox2151, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

about google dns and ping

1. about google dns and ping - Similar Threads - google dns ping

2. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  3. Information about DNS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Information about DNS.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS.I would like to is it better to use ISP's default DNS or is it better to use 3rd Party DNS for getting Faster Internet Speeds. Which 3rd Part DNS is good to use I.e. Microsoft DNS...
  4. I can Google stuff, but cant Ping Google?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can Google stuff, but cant Ping Google?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Subject_Thought6761 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/udef4h/i_can_google_stuff_but_cant_ping_google/
  5. Why is Googles DNS server my default on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Googles DNS server my default on Windows: When I select automatic DNS it sets the DNS as Googles DNS and because of this I can't access my schools internet, and I can't change it to a different DNS server, what do I do? My schools internet page blocks other DNS adresses and I cant access it to connect to the internet...
  6. Google addresses misconceptions about plans for improving DNS security

in Windows 10 News
    Google addresses misconceptions about plans for improving DNS security: Whenever you type a URL into your browser (for example “redcross.org”), this information is sent to a domain name system (DNS) provider that converts that request into the unique numerical “IP address” (e.g. 162.6.217.119) that identifies websites on the Internet. Your...
  7. Windows 10 google and bing dns error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 google and bing dns error: Happy Friday all! I have a windows 10 box that is running great until today. For reason when I use any browser, i.e. edge, chrome, firefox and IE, and do a search using google or bing I get a DNS error. Now if I use any URL like www.microsoft.com, everything works great. I...
  8. Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server

Can't change my DNS settings to Google's or any DNS server: I have tried and tried to change my DNS settings to use Googles DNS (8.8.8.8) and it will not stick. Even downloaded a free program to do it. I use the free program, and it makes Windows send out the side popup, saying the DNS was changed successfully , but it is not changed....
  9. Use Google's DNS servers or ISP ones

Use Google's DNS servers or ISP ones: Hi there two questions on using alternate DNS servers 1) Are things like Google's DNS servers better to use than ISP ones -- any measuring indications available ? 2) Are your Geo-rights still the same when using alternate DNS servers --I don't want for example to...
  10. DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR

in Windows 10 News
    DNS is about to get into a world of trouble with GDPR: ICANN, the group in charge of the Domain Name System, is in a deadlock with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation over the WHOIS database and that means there's internet trouble ahead. The European Union (EU)'s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)...