Windows 10: About half of the search menu is cut off, disappears upon click but reappears after closing it

Discus and support About half of the search menu is cut off, disappears upon click but reappears after closing it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title, whenever I try to search something, about half the menu is covered by a gray box. Clicking on the box removes it, but it comes back whenever the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheMobile, Oct 30, 2020.

1. TheMobile Win User

About half of the search menu is cut off, disappears upon click but reappears after closing it

Title, whenever I try to search something, about half the menu is covered by a gray box. Clicking on the box removes it, but it comes back whenever the search bar is closed. Is there a solution for this?

About half of the search menu is cut off, disappears upon click but reappears after closing it 2ca84dbe-e875-4765-b323-ba22a61281c7?upload=true.png

:)

TheMobile, Oct 30, 2020

2. in windows 10 some tiles are disappearing or cut in half

some tiles when i drag them to the start menu in the tile section. they some time disappear. and some of the tiles when resized seem cut in half can't find info on this and it happens enough i feel it's a bug ..i'm running on a Dell 660, with onboard sound
    and vid, and 8 gigs ram and terabit of HD

MichaelDBoyle, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Oct 30, 2020
  4. About half of the search menu is cut off, disappears upon click but reappears after closing it

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

About half of the search menu is cut off, disappears upon click but reappears after closing it

1. About half of the search menu is cut off, disappears upon click but reappears after closing it - Similar Threads - half search menu

2. half of my search menu is hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    half of my search menu is hidden: When searching on my desktop, either pressing the home button or search at the bar. It hides almost 70% of my screen and obscure my vision. How to fix this? It's kind of annoying....
  3. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar closes itself after clicking: When I click on the search bar it opens up into a white box and then closes itself like 2 seconds later. I've done a troubleshoot a few times and it says search bar not working but doesn't end up fixing it. If anyone knows a fix that would be great...
  4. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar closes itself after clicking: When I click on the search bar it opens up into a white box and then closes itself like 2 seconds later. I've done a troubleshoot a few times and it says search bar not working but doesn't end up fixing it. If anyone knows a fix that would be great...
  5. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Cortana
  6. Half of Search Menu Hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of Search Menu Hidden: When searching, whether by pressing the Windows key and typing, or just by clicking "Type here to search" 80% of the available space is hidden. I can unobscure it by clicking within the window, but it is very annoying not being able to see my programs....
  7. Half of Search Menu Hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Half of Search Menu Hidden: When searching, whether by pressing the Windows key and typing, or just by clicking "Type here to search" 80% of the available space is hidden. I can unobscure it by clicking within the window, but it is very annoying not being able to see my programs....
  8. Half of Search Menu Hidden

9. Printing cut off half or part of page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing cut off half or part of page: [IMG]When i print any scanned document from jpeg with windows default printing program the image is cut in halfsee image attached. What can the problem be. I am using HP laserjet P1102. Everything from pdf and word documents is printing the whole page....
  10. Windows search cuts off.

Windows search cuts off.: Whenever i search something with Windows Search, the search thing is cut off vertically like this [ATTACH] When i click anywhere in the search window except the search bar, it returns to normal....