Windows 10: About HDD Noise

Discus and support About HDD Noise in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got these type of noises from where my HDD located (HDD No:- WD10JPVX-60JC3T0). Does anyone have any idea what type of sound is this? (like, clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BINOYGHOSH, Feb 10, 2019.

1. About HDD Noise

I got these type of noises from where my HDD located (HDD No:- WD10JPVX-60JC3T0). Does anyone have any idea what type of sound is this? (like, clicking noise, head stuck noise, torn head noise, platter scratch noise, etc)

When the system boots up:- https://youtu.be/sI6xJNKqbjw

In the time of shutting down:- https://youtu.be/sI6xJNKqbjw

When opening google chrome:- https://youtu.be/wRw3pSs9Ns0

When the system boots up or in time of playing games or running a large program like Photoshop or HDD working at 100% sound is higher than usual. Another thing I noticed, when I make a clean install of Windows 10 (no program installed on the system, 'there is no such sound or you can say very much less sound'), and then I started installing applications these types of sound arises.

Can anyone tell me that my HDD is damaged or not?

:)

BINOYGHOSH, Feb 10, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 10, 2019
  4. About HDD Noise

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

About HDD Noise

1. About HDD Noise - Similar Threads - HDD Noise

2. HDD making Loud Spinning Noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD making Loud Spinning Noise: Hello,I have an Asus X571GT laptop.Two days ago, I start my day waking my laptop from sleep/hibernate mode, and go shower.I come back from the shower and I hear my HDD making a LOUD WHIRLING noise. Coming from the bottom right of the laptop. Picture attachedAs of the fan is...
  3. HDD making Loud Spinning Noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD making Loud Spinning Noise: Hello,I have an Asus X571GT laptop.Two days ago, I start my day waking my laptop from sleep/hibernate mode, and go shower.I come back from the shower and I hear my HDD making a LOUD WHIRLING noise. Coming from the bottom right of the laptop. Picture attachedAs of the fan is...
  4. HDD making Loud Spinning Noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Intermittent HDD Stall/Noise Which Can Be Fixed By Win10 Reinstall

Intermittent HDD Stall/Noise Which Can Be Fixed By Win10 Reinstall: I have a Windows 10 Home desktop with a SSD containing my Win10 installation and an internal HDD which I use for applications/storage. About a year ago, my HDD (Toshiba) started making noises and stalling. The behavior would make a buzz as if the disk was spinning up, run...
  6. SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise?

SERIOUS PROBLEM: HDD Making Noise?: Hi all, I was just cleaning out my PC tower when I accidentally dropped my phone on the HDD that stores all my data... Now, 10 minutes later it's making this "wheezing" noise that I've never heard it make before. Is there anything I can do to check if it has been damaged?...
  7. Why is my 2nd Drive (HDD) making a low grinding noise? All seems OK.

Why is my 2nd Drive (HDD) making a low grinding noise? All seems OK.: Alright. Time for group consultation... W10 Pro, Build 1803... This is a bit complex. I have a SSD as Drive C: and a HDD as Drive D: - both internal in the desktop case. For the past day or so, I have been noticing a low grumbling/grinding noise coming from Drive D: - the...
  8. Why is my 2nd Drive (HDD) making a low grinding noise? All seems OK.

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my 2nd Drive (HDD) making a low grinding noise? All seems OK.: Alright. W10 Pro, Build 1803... This is a bit complex. I have a SSD as Drive C: and a HDD as Drive D: - both internal in the desktop case. For the past day or so, I have been noticing a low grumbling/grinding noise coming from Drive D: - the HDD. I ran a few test programs...
  9. PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    PC made weird noise when creating 'image' of SSD and HDD: EDIT: When the 2nd image backup was trying to 'cancel' (which it was not for some reason) I just unplugged the backup HD. I plugged it back in and performed the full image again. It worked this time, but what happend with the noiuse was still worrying. Maybe it was the...
  10. Intermittent "Beeping" Noise With Windows 10 & Two HDD's???

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent "Beeping" Noise With Windows 10 & Two HDD's???: I'm new here and I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days ago and I love it! I've only got a couple of issues: Ever since the first week in May, there's been an intermittent "beeping" sound (kinda like the sound you hear when a USB device is either plugged in or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd noise