Windows 10: About hiding a drive(Partition)

Discus and support About hiding a drive(Partition) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Good day to all :) I have a HP-15 windows 10 notebook laptop. The problem is, I need to hide my HP RECOVERY partition (D: ) from windows file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TimmyKK, Mar 21, 2019.

1. TimmyKK Win User

About hiding a drive(Partition)

Hi! Good day to all About hiding a drive(Partition) :)

I have a HP-15 windows 10 notebook laptop.
    The problem is, I need to hide my HP RECOVERY partition (D: ) from windows file explorer because I havent to do any buisness with this drive in day to day tasks.

OK. I already tried to edit from gpedit.msc and regedit
    here
    Nothing happened .

And there is a more common system. Just remove the drive letter from the disk managment . I tried it and succeeded . The partition isnt in file explorer.

But my problem is if delete the drive letter like this, In the future if my notebook have to system restore from this RECOVERY partition (without booting to windows ,then I wont enter drive letter back) will windows or HP recovery tool find this recovery image without directory path letter.
    Is it safe to remove drive letter because this is a kind of a system partition.

Any other suggestions without third party apps.

Thank you !

:)

TimmyKK, Mar 21, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Mar 21, 2019
  4. About hiding a drive(Partition)

Partition keeps on hiding itself!

Did you read my original post? What you suggested is what I do at least 10 times/day. What I need is a way to make partition W permanently visible.

Cheryl Faye Schwartz, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

About hiding a drive(Partition)

1. About hiding a drive(Partition) - Similar Threads - hiding drive Partition

2. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.: My F: partition is a new partition I created. I am constantly going into disk management and changing the drive letter to F to make it visible. After restarting, partition F is no longer visible in File Explorer. I repeat the process with the same results. My other partitions...
  3. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.: My F: partition is a new partition I created. I am constantly going into disk management and changing the drive letter to F to make it visible. After restarting, partition F is no longer visible in File Explorer. I repeat the process with the same results. My other partitions...
  4. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drive partition F: automatically hides upon restarting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. partitions hide issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partitions hide issue: Hello seniors I am facing an issue. I have window 10 and 4 partitions on my hard drive. when I start my system sometimes it shows only the window portion C and the other two are hiding what is the problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. Question about drive partition ~ see image

Question about drive partition ~ see image: Can someone please look at the below hard drive partitions and tell me what the 12.6 GB partition 5 is and if its needed? Can I combine it with partition 3? Thanks for your help [img] 107112
  8. Question about partition on my main drive

Question about partition on my main drive: I got this drive image from my Macrium Reflect Home edition and don't understand the last partition? is there something wrong here? Thanks! *Smile 56307
  9. Hide an gpt partition

Hide an gpt partition: Hi, i need to hide my recovery partition but i'm using gpt. does anyone know how to hide? the Set id only work in mbr mode *Sad thanks 36927
  10. About Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    About Partition: i have a laptop with hdd (mbr partition) before.so i buy a new ssd and i format my windows so i can change my windows partition to gpt and change the primary partition to ssd,after the setup is done i went to disk management [img] my question is, is it right that efi...