Windows 10: About how the computer shows Internet Speed

Discus and support About how the computer shows Internet Speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In the task manager, I see download speed is 2.7 Mbps but file downloads at around 300 Kbps. Just curious how it works. 132439 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Binish Joshi, May 12, 2019.

1. About how the computer shows Internet Speed

In the task manager, I see download speed is 2.7 Mbps but file downloads at around 300 Kbps. Just curious how it works.

:)

Binish Joshi, May 12, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, May 12, 2019
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 12, 2019
  4. CountMike Win User

About how the computer shows Internet Speed

Show off your internet speed!

50GB of DL too much ??

About how the computer shows Internet Speed [​IMG]

CountMike, May 12, 2019
Thema:

About how the computer shows Internet Speed

1. About how the computer shows Internet Speed - Similar Threads - computer shows Internet

2. How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?: How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?How can we show the internet speed on windows task magager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-show-the-internet-speeds-on-windows-11/34cf80d5-90f4-4fd2-b009-10f5c7692464
  3. How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?: How can we show the internet speeds on windows 11?How can we show the internet speed on windows task magager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-show-the-internet-speeds-on-windows-11/34cf80d5-90f4-4fd2-b009-10f5c7692464
  4. Showing Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing Internet speed: How to show internet speed in my laptop?Can anyone suggest an app or tell me the process please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-internet-speed/79f6d734-f053-4630-a4c4-7d53d8110d69
  5. Showing Internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing Internet speed: How to show internet speed in my laptop?Can anyone suggest an app or tell me the process please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-internet-speed/79f6d734-f053-4630-a4c4-7d53d8110d69
  6. To Ask About To Speeding Up Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    To Ask About To Speeding Up Computer: Dear Microsoft Community I have Dell Laptop Vostro 3590 Hdd 1TB 8GB Ram My Laptop is Very Slow and Lazy Can Anyone Say The Solution For It Please Thank you...
  7. Slow internet speed on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow internet speed on computer: Internet speed on my computer is slower than 2 mbps while on all other devices it is 30mbps plus - how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed-on-computer/7de02cba-a201-4cc0-a453-8e013eff9e91
  8. Slow internet speed on only on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speed on only on computer: I have Spectrum 200mbps internet here in my office. We have 3 wired Dell desktops with Windows 10 and a wireless Night Hawk router. 2 of my wired desktops are at 225mbps and one is under 10mbps. Even my wireless cellphone is coming in at around 225mbps How can I speed up my...
  9. Internet Speeds

Internet Speeds: Hi folks, just looking for some information here. I have been a long-time Virgin Media customer and never really had cause to complain before. When we moved house back in May they had to do a fresh installation as they couldn't find the cable that came into the property...
  10. Show off your internet speed!

Show off your internet speed!: Last week, I noticed that my internet bill was going up faster than my internet speed. So I called up my ISP to ask if there's something that can be done about it. I asked for any promo that they have where I can save some $. The guy on the other line said "Nothing we can do....