Windows 10: About HP Laptop's update problem

Discus and support About HP Laptop's update problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys... Recently I noticed something strange on my Laptop... Before I installed some updates on it, it worked perfectly fine. Last night I checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xtremeraces, Jul 3, 2017.

1. About HP Laptop's update problem

Hi guys...
    Recently I noticed something strange on my Laptop...
    Before I installed some updates on it, it worked perfectly fine. Last night I checked for updates on Windows Update for sure, and this morning, when I tried to insert a CD, played a short music tape, then it suddenly shutted down without any warning.
    How do I suppose to fix this? *Sad*Sad*Sad
    My PC specs:
    HP dv2700, Running windows 10 32 bit, intel core 2 duo t5550 1.83ghz
    PS: It became hot after 30 - 45 minutes. Could this be the problem?

:)

xtremeraces, Jul 3, 2017

2. Scrolling problem after windows update 16/10/2016

Every program WORD EXCEL etc. Have not tried different mouse but same problem with laptop touchpad. I think I should add another comment here just in case it might be a consideration.

About a week ago, my laptop started to have heat problems. HP website made several suggestions including the BIOS. Moving on, the HP website "recommended" an update to the BIOS for security. HP knew my product number etc. The BIOS update went ahead without
    any problems but just before I was about to do the update there was a Microsoft update. I do not know the purpose but it was a lengthy update. On completion, I followed the HP instruction and the BIOS was updated successfully to F43 from F42. I have had no
    other problems except for the scrolling issue.

By the way the heat problems were resolved with a vacuuming before the BIOS update. Thank you.

ChristopherWilks, Jul 3, 2017
  3. For some reason my laptop wont shutdown or sleep. Can someone tell me why?

Hi JBlueSoft,

I was having the same problems as well. The solution that Basith M gave worked for 2 days and then it returned to normal after that. I'm using an HP laptop as well (HP Pavilion 15) and I did some research which said to open up HP Support Assistant on my
    laptop and update the drivers from there. So I followed the steps and updated many of the drivers (there were about 800 Mb worth of them). After updating I restarted my device and then put it to sleep mode. For now it seems to be working but I will update
    once it reverts back to its problem again.

You can download the latest version of HP Support Assistant from
    here
    . It installs over the old one so no need for uninstalling.

Thanks

UPDATE: It has gone back to the same problem...So i don't know what to do now. I'm seriously thinking of going back to Windows 8.1

UPDATE 2: There is a whole thread about this on the HP forum. This problem seems to be bugging other HP laptop users as well. The link to the forum is

here

FahadShaikh, Jul 3, 2017
  4. jc836 Win User

About HP Laptop's update problem

Several things come to mind.
    First-Have you cleaned ALL of the air vents with canned air? This will help reduce temp's by removing and dust.
    Second-when you say hot is it too hot to touch--That is a sign of a possible fan failure, high CPU usage or a combination.
    The computer will shut down if the temperature exceeds operating limits (self protection). You may need to do a "clean install." If you have created a recovery drive, this would be a possible way to restore the machine to new condition. BACKUP all of your data FIRST.

jc836, Jul 3, 2017
  5. Yeah, you are right, since I haven't done my PC cleaning for a long time, so that could be a problem.
    Anyway, can you show me how to completely remove Deep Freeze without setup or clean install? I would be really appreciate if you could help me *Smile

xtremeraces, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Not sure about your CD issue, if it was drivers it probably wouldn't even start the cd. Anyway I have a HP Spectre and they have a reputation for running hot. Not sure about the dv2700 heat but you could check the HP forums. I have a small free app on my Spectre to keep an eye on temp but my main defense against heat is a cooling pad. Also you need to allow the vents to be able to breathe. I have a 11 yr old Dell Inspiron 1720 that is alive and well. Up to three months ago it had been running 12 to 18 hours a day 365 days a year without a hitch. I really believe what helped keep it alive that long was it always was on a cooling pad. They're cheap now and worth it IMHO.

Fisher Mann, Jul 5, 2017
  7. Oh, I almost forgot one thing. Well, sometimes it shuts down without any warning, while the CPU hasn't reached the maximum temp ??? May be because of the video card or sth else? Because I have seen many people using HP laptop said that they have the same issue with the video card.<br>Any ideas?

xtremeraces, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

About HP Laptop's update problem

1. About HP Laptop's update problem - Similar Threads - Laptop's update problem

2. Problem about update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem about update: Hi i did Update on pc i went to disck clean up there was no windows update clean up i even clicked clean system files still nothing afther that i did dism startcompent clean up command after it finished it showed that winsxs was reduced but space wont come back on pc idk...
  3. Problem about update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem about update: Hi i did Update on pc i went to disck clean up there was no windows update clean up i even clicked clean system files still nothing afther that i did dism startcompent clean up command after it finished it showed that winsxs was reduced but space wont come back on pc idk...
  4. Problem about update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem about windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem about windows update: How to solve this problem?When I click on the "download and install" option, It remains stuck downloading at 0%. After 1/2 hrs, it shows the message that " we could not install this update, but you can try again 0x80244018". I have tried so many times. But there is no...
  6. ABOUT WINDOWS UPDATE PROBLEMS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ABOUT WINDOWS UPDATE PROBLEMS...: Hi, I am a user of windows! I am having some problems in my PC! I tried to update my PC but the process stuck at 70%. Please see the picture provided with this post!!![ATTACH]...
  7. HP Laptop Touchpad Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop Touchpad Problem: Recently my HP laptop touchpad has been causing me difficulty while typing. The mouse cursor jumps to various locations in my document when I don't want it to, often highlighting sections of text. How do I turn off the tap feature of my touchpad while keeping the cursor...
  8. Printing Problems on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Printing Problems on HP Laptop: Hi guys, I'm using a HP Spectre laptop, Model 13t-3000, and have found it impossible to print recently - there have been no problems printing from other computers in my house. I have a cracked screen, but the computer works fine making me think that is not the cause of the...
  9. HP laptop sound problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop sound problems: Hello, I have an HP laptop which I use for school, but in the last 2 weeks I've been having sound problems with it, when I turn on my laptop and I log in into my user usually the sound icon seems to be right, but when I open any app that requires sound, like Opera GX, a...
  10. Problem with HP laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with HP laptop screen: I have an HP Laptop Model #15-r015dx, its app. 5 to 6 years old, and its unique feature its equipped with a touch screen. For the last 2 + years the screen has been displaying (intermittently) little random ghost circles throughout the screen and the mouse pointer...