Windows 10: About M2 SSD Interface Question

Discus and support About M2 SSD Interface Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know that all devices MUST have an interface to talk with each other. So I got this M2 SSD drive from amazon (sorry now), and it's working fine. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by timlab55, Dec 28, 2019.

1. timlab55 Win User

About M2 SSD Interface Question

I know that all devices MUST have an interface to talk with each other. So I got this M2 SSD drive from amazon (sorry now), and it's working fine. So far no problems and using it as a boot drive on a PC that was built 7 years ago and out of date. I'm using a shell script to load it in. Anyway, I called upon Speecy to read it for me and notice that all my other drives have an interface and TRIM support. Does M2 drives have TRIM? Anyway, any comments would be appreciated. I've enclosed a pic of SSD 1 and SSD 2 to show what I'm talking about.

:)

timlab55, Dec 28, 2019

2. Migration from Hdd to m2.SSD

Recently I have purchased a new laptop (hp probook 450 G4) and a new original windows 10 home edition and now I want to upgrade my 1 TB Hdd to a new m2 ssd and my laptop supports another slot for the m2 ssd so I can run both
    the m2 ssd & hdd at the same time but I will make the m2 ssd the boot drive and the hdd will be the data drive.
    MY Question is how can I migrate system drive to the new m2 ssd without the need to reinstall windows or any other installed programs and there is another thing, when I checked the disk management I found 3 recovery partitions will I have to
    migrate them too or I have to migrate the system drive only

MostafaEl-Desoky, Dec 28, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    2 ssd migration to larger m2 ssd

Hi The

If you can connect both M2's to your system then you can clone the old Ms onto the new one - most systems do not have a second M2 port - you should check to see if that is possible . . .

If you can connect both drives to your system then the free version of Macrium Reflect would be a good choice to perform the cloning . ..

If you cannot connect both drives, then you will be unable to clone the old drive and your only choice will be to backup your data and clean install Windows 10 onto the new M2 SSD

DaveM121, Dec 28, 2019
  4. About M2 SSD Interface Question

Ssd m2 на ноутбук Asus GL752VW

Всем привет, купил сегодня ssd m2 Samsung 970 EVO на 250 гб

Поставил в ноутбук, но он не отображается в BIOSE и в управление дисков

Смотрел гайды не один не помог ssd m2 с ключом M

Какие есть решение? Биус обновленный до последний версии

ДмитрийRS, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

About M2 SSD Interface Question

1. About M2 SSD Interface Question - Similar Threads - SSD Interface Question

2. M2 NVME SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M2 NVME SSD: How much exactly does Windows 10 benefit from being installed on an M2 NVME SSD compared to a SATA-600 SSD ? Other than a faster boot time, how exactly does windows benefit from the direct connection to the cpu that an NVME SSD offers?...
  3. Question about new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about new SSD: Hi, I'll get straight to the point. I've been using my HDD for a long time now and I tried to update my windows and it just wont update. Not through the updater integrated in windows, the update asistant or even using the image tool ISO or direct Upgrade. It just keeps on...
  4. Upgrading an M2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading an M2 SSD: My laptop has a Kingston 128GB M2 drive, also a 1T HDD I'm looking to upgrade the 128Gb drive as you can tell, it's starting to get full, thats with me directing most downloads, saving etc to my D drive. so all i need is a M2 converter to USB and use a disc clone program to...
  5. Questions about moving to an SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about moving to an SSD: I'd like to move my Windows to from an HDD to an SSD and thought it would be a good idea to do a fresh installation while I'm at it. It's my first time doing this so I have a few questions I hope you can help me with. What is the best way to do it, a bootable USB-drive?...
  6. Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question Re Replacing M2 ssd C Drive With Larger ssd: I am replacing my ASUS GL552 laptops SSD C drive with a larger one and want to make sure I am doing it correctly I have made a macriun image of the old ssd that I will restore on the new replacement When I boot from the ASUS rescue thumb drive will the laptop start normally...
  7. Question about buying a 2nd SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about buying a 2nd SSD: This would be considered for any HDD or SSD. Is there a way I can link the two drives together with the same drive letter or should I use MKLINK to create Links the second drive. Also I forget which type of link to use to directly store files to another location while not...
  8. Question about SSD RAID 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about SSD RAID 0: I have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I put in my personal laptop back in May. I also have a 250GB Samsung 850 EVO that I just put in my desktop a couple weeks ago. I'm thinking about wiping both, and using both in my desktop for a RAID 0 configuration since I don't use my...
  9. Questions About Optimising SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Questions About Optimising SSD: Hi, I recently got a new windows 10 system with a 512 GB M.2 SSD and just got around to doing a defrag. I notice it's a bit of a different animal now, optimise seems to be the new defrag. I'm not very technically minded and I'm hoping to get some pointers. On my old HDD...
  10. Question About Defragmenting An SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Defragmenting An SSD: So every time I open up Defraggler, I see so much fragmentation in the main drive, which is an SSD. I am already aware that defragmenting an SSD tends to shorten its life over a period of time. Yet when you "Optimize" an SSD, isn't that doing a same amount of harm on the...