Windows 10: About MAC Randomization feature

Discus and support About MAC Randomization feature in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have read about this feature but have some queries: Why use random hardware addresses? When you're not connected to Wi-Fi, your PC sends a signal... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vikasvashishtha, May 28, 2019.

1. About MAC Randomization feature

I have read about this feature but have some queries:

Why use random hardware addresses?

When you're not connected to Wi-Fi, your PC sends a signal to look for Wi-Fi networks in the area to help you get connected. The signal contains the unique physical hardware (MAC) address for your device. Some places, for example shopping malls, stores, or other public areas, might use this unique address to track your movement in that area. If your Wi-Fi hardware supports it, you can turn on random hardware addresses to make it harder for people to track you when your PC scans for networks and connects.

1. MAC randomization works with Open WiFi only?

2. Before getting connected to WiFi, how can user be tracked?

3. MAC keeps on changing even after getting connected to 1 network?

4. Do Every beacon have different MAC ?

:)

vikasvashishtha, May 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing January feature update 16.21 (19011500) for Office for Mac

Source: Announcing January feature update for Office for Mac Version - Microsoft Community

Brink, May 28, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New Office April feature update version 16.24 (19041401) for Mac

Source:

Brink, May 28, 2019
  4. About MAC Randomization feature

Random Mac for Onboard NIC

Hi

Does random mac feature applied to a laptop onboard NIC besides WiFi connection?

Reason I asked is that I already have this feature disabled for WiFi connection and I'm using onboard NIC, however I noticed from my DHCP leases, the mac shown from the connection is always different, it is not showing the physical mac for the onboard NIC.

-Thanks

Garrettteo, May 28, 2019
Thema:

About MAC Randomization feature

1. About MAC Randomization feature - Similar Threads - MAC Randomization feature

2. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  3. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  4. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random mac address not allowing me to access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random mac address not allowing me to access: I I have Intel Wifi 6 AX200 card please help my laptop lets me turn this on and off but desktop doesnt i dont have work or school account on computer i using...
  6. Random MAC address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random MAC address: Before I upgraded to version 20H2 I was able to apply random mac address to my USB wifi adapter. I can no longer do this. Is there a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-mac-address/30cbb79d-828d-4803-a013-fb8e0ca6299f
  7. Alternatives to Windows' automatic Mac randomization feature?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternatives to Windows' automatic Mac randomization feature?: My WiFi adapter/driver doesn't seem to support this feature and the Randomize Mac option doesn't show in Settings as a result. Does anyone know how to fix this or have alternative solutions? submitted by /u/MSSFF [link] [comments]...
  8. A question about MAC Address

A question about MAC Address: I have always thought that a MAC Address was hardware encoded and therefore permanently fixed to that specific hardware item. At home I have a Network Monitor installed which monitors both Ethernet and WiFi. The internal IP addresses and MAC addresses are correctly displayed...
  9. Questions about windows features

Questions about windows features: I have a few questions about windows features. What is ready boost and how does it work? What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am using for ready boost? Does windows warn me if a device I am using for ready boost is about to fail? Does windows warn me...
  10. Windows 10 , Random Mac Address

Windows 10 , Random Mac Address: Hi, 2.5.0.0 I want a discuss a case for windows 10. I’m trying to find a solution for it so could you please support me. The case is as following we bought a 500 windows license on a dell laptops. All windows have a feature called RANDOM MAC ADDRESS, I know that you can...