Windows 10: About Me and whay I post simple questions

Discus and support About Me and whay I post simple questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello here. Back in the day I was really sharp with main frame, sat data, all sorts of networks, pc's and all supporting gear. After retiring from in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lpatrick, Dec 28, 2016.

1. lpatrick Win User

About Me and whay I post simple questions

Hello here. Back in the day I was really sharp with main frame, sat data, all sorts of networks, pc's and all supporting gear. After retiring from in 1993 after 20 years (72-93) in the military and 13 years in civilian work I developed a number of neurological issues. One is loss of cognitive ability. Another is short term memory loss. The whopper is Complex Seizure Disorder. So anyway, I get confused easily, forget easily and sometimes need guidance. I hope not to be a pain but sometimes it may seem that way. Here is a bit of dark humor. Right before and during Desert Storm I was Section Chief for a mobile pc network. I proved the viability of moving networks and operators anywhere in the world and successfully carring out data missions. That is when the network programmer's back in Virginia could keep up the paces, LOL. Of course now that is far back in the stone age. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and want to be a positive contributor to this forum.

Thank you

:)

lpatrick, Dec 28, 2016

2. A simple question about E63

this is for voice recognition and voice tags

techbuzzireland, Dec 28, 2016
  3. bazkurd Win User
    A simple question about E63

Guys,I just wanna ask,when the phone is on the standby screen and I keep pressing on the green key for about two seconds I see(recording started) message.what does that mean? I checked the gallery as I thought it may be a sound recording shortcut but I
    got nothing Any body know about this issue?

bazkurd, Dec 28, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Good day.

Don't feel ashamed or any other thing. We will try to help you if need arises to the best of our abilities. Some very patient people here.

eLPuSHeR, Dec 28, 2016
  5. Hi and welcome as already been put we all try to help one another on here
    Now I wish you a Very Happy New Year

hTconeM9user, Dec 28, 2016
  6. marsmimar Win User
    Welcome to the Forum. It's nice to see another Texan in the group. *Smile
    Happy New Year!

marsmimar, Dec 29, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    My long time friend who is quadriplegic since youth thought me a lesson when I complained about loosing hearing on one ear, He said that when you have one disability you just shift your attention to your abilities. He functioned very well despite everything.

CountMike, Dec 29, 2016
  8. About Me and whay I post simple questions

I, too, am developing short term memory problems so far, just slow recall but that scares the shit out of me. My father had had something called Parkinsons-ism that is a lot like Alzhiemers. I had my first PC in 1983 but I don't feel that 34 years experience is doing me much good these days as so much changes so fast. Unless we keep up its all for naught. BTW your post doesn't reveal any problems but for only one typo.

DAVEY JONES, Dec 29, 2016
  9. I suffered a heart attack wherein I lost my kidneys and toes on both feet resulting in extreme neuropathy. I can walk, but only a few steps b4 pain overwhelms me. I have little choice but to shift my attention to what I can do from what I can no longer do. That only make sense. Its called not living in the past but adjusting to the present reality. Complaining just makes us more miserable. But sometimes I forget my limitations and take on more than I can handle because being handicapped is not something I think about..

DAVEY JONES, Dec 29, 2016
  10. swarfega Win User
    Just remember that behind every avatar and nickname is a real person with their own problems. I myself have a genetic disorder for instance but it doesn't stop me enjoying my favourite hobby *Biggrin

swarfega, Dec 29, 2016
  11. lpatrick Win User
    Thank you all soo much. I always tell myself "just when you think life is hard on you just look around and you will discover how lucky you are."

Again, thanks.

lpatrick, Dec 29, 2016
  12. Bree New Member
    Back in the day when I provided IT support for a living I had to 'talk through' employees who were far less sharp than you are now. Feel free to ask anything - as @eLPuSHeR says, there are some very patient people here.

13. dencal Win User

Welcome to this forum.....you are amongst friends.

dencal, Dec 29, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    Hi and Welcome to the forum lpatrick. You will find that there are some very friendly and helpful members here. *Smile

Winuser, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. About Me and whay I post simple questions - Similar Threads - whay post simple

2. A simple question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  3. A simple question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A simple question: This is not related to my computer, but here's a quick question. Can Windows Defender still scan viruses even if the OS is something like a Windows 7? unsupported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-simple-question/3da19697-7034-4131-8361-d3faa23cc59c
  4. Simple question about Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple question about Wake On Lan: I'm in the process of setting up a Wake On LAN setup using an older pc and an external hdd to be used for backups and such. My question is, do both pc's have to be connected to a router by Ethernet cable? My original plan was to do it completely wireless, because stationed...
  5. a simple question about Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a simple question about Factory Reset: I have messed up some default permissions and paths... after trying bunch of stuff I was unable to change everything back to normal. So I'm going for a Reset. If I choose Keep My Personal Data when reseting windows, what will be kept and what will be erased? I'm mainly...
  6. Simple Questions.

Simple Questions.: Hello. I'm pretty new to this and I have a couple of simple questions. What are the ways to install Windows 10 on a PC? The only way I know is using a USB drive with a copy of Windows 10 on it and installing it with that. What happens if you boot up a PC for the first...
  7. Simple question about start-up pic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Simple question about start-up pic: How Do You Identify What is the Windows 10 Welcome Screen Picture? My wife's desktop tells you all about it, but mine is mum. How do I get it to tell me what I'm looking at??...
  8. Simple question about installing 10

Simple question about installing 10: I just built a new pc and have a SSD and a regular drive. Everything is new. Will Windows 10 installer allow me to pick to install in on my SSD or should I unplug the other hard drive to avoid it going onto that one? Thanks! submitted by /u/Moldenkewillremain [link]...
  9. Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple Newbie Question About "Photoshopping": I don't have photoshop, only MS Paint on my Windows 10 computer. I never photoshopped anything and have absolutely no experience in these type of things. I simply want to take two separate pictures of two of my dogs, and put one dog's head on the other dog's body. I want...
  10. Simple Question about Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Simple Question about Win 10 Upgrade: I have win 7 home premium x64, I was wondering when i pick the win 10 dl for an ISO can i select one language ? or does it have to be the generic version (not the k or n or none of that stuff i get that part) P.S. I have to do a clean install, Do you guys think i should...