Windows 10: About message if Account is locked out

Discus and support About message if Account is locked out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Users. After we changed our Security to people should unlock their accounts through coworkers, its pretty annoying the system message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndreasAnielsen, Oct 4, 2019.

1. About message if Account is locked out

Hello Microsoft Users.

After we changed our Security to people should unlock their accounts through coworkers, its pretty annoying the system message says

"Your account is locked or disabled, contact system administrator"

Is it possible to change that message?

Through Powershell or something else, because the users immediately calling IT-Service.

Do any know a solution?

:)

AndreasAnielsen, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Gedpal Win User
    Domain Account Locked Daily

Hello,
    I have similar problem. My domain account locks from time to time. I just upgraded from W8.1 to W10.
    I tried many steps to solve this but none is working.
    I found out some interesting things. Using a tool "Account Lockout Status" I found that Last Bad Pwd value is changed when I enter credentials after computer automatic or manaul screen lock out.
    I can work normally if I do not get a message about "Windows needs your current credentials":

About message if Account is locked out [​IMG]

If I get this message and do nothing - account very quickly locks out.
    If I do quick screen lock and unlock it will go ok for some time.
    Very strange. I replicate the problem of Last Bad Pwd value using another PC with W10. Some other users in domain are ok some same as mine.
    Something wrong with specific users and Windows 10 combination..

Regards,
    Gediminas

Gedpal, Oct 4, 2019
  4. About message if Account is locked out

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

About message if Account is locked out

1. About message if Account is locked out - Similar Threads - message Account locked

2. Account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account locked out: Hello can’t login to my personal account because it’s locked out to many failed attempts I’m trying to reset password but it won’t allow me to login to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-locked-out/cc03268d-5b64-438b-a2ec-20630350826e
  3. Locked out of account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account?: I am locked out of my account on both Windows 10 and MSN Explorer due to me or my computer losing/forgetting my password. I can still access Windows 10 mail through the icon on the taskbar.I have been through the exercise of requesting a password reset code sent to my phone...
  4. Locked out of account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of account?: I am locked out of my account on both Windows 10 and MSN Explorer due to me or my computer losing/forgetting my password. I can still access Windows 10 mail through the icon on the taskbar.I have been through the exercise of requesting a password reset code sent to my phone...
  5. locked out of account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of account: When trying to reset my password or pin, I am locked out before I finish entering the requested information once. It does not send me a verification code via email. But does send a verification code via text message. When I call the 800 642 7676 it identifies the caller as...
  6. locked out of account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locked out of account: When trying to reset my password or pin, I am locked out before I finish entering the requested information once. It does not send me a verification code via email. But does send a verification code via text message. When I call the 800 642 7676 it identifies the caller as...
  7. locked out account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out account: I’m sick n tired of being locked out of my laptop I’m forgetful not a **** security threat n I want my email back I work really hard to have the abillity to get on GitHub do to me b n forgetful My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** my new email is ***...
  8. Locked out of account

Locked out of account: I was locked out of my microsoft account for "violating the terms of service".I looked through they're reasons why you can be locked out, and I hadn't done anything related to sending malware, phishing, or messing with Microsoft.I did however several times redeem Robux for...
  9. Locked out of account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of account: I was locked out of my microsoft account for "violating the terms of service".I looked through they're reasons why you can be locked out, and I hadn't done anything related to sending malware, phishing, or messing with Microsoft.I did however several times redeem Robux for...
  10. "Don't get locked out of your account" message

"Don't get locked out of your account" message: I keep getting these notifications. Why would I get locked out of my MS Account? Nothing has changed. Is this a phishing thing?...