Windows 10: about microphone security

Discus and support about microphone security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; this is I seen my setting. speech runtime executable use microphone. what is it ? is my system in problem ? is it necessary or not ? i use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HaRiKriShNaNanDaVa, Jun 27, 2020.

1. about microphone security

this is I seen my setting.

speech runtime executable use microphone.

what is it ? is my system in problem ?

is it necessary or not ?

i use teams and other apps .

:)

HaRiKriShNaNanDaVa, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

about microphone security

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

about microphone security

1. about microphone security - Similar Threads - microphone security

2. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  3. I cant record my microphone audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant record my microphone audio?: When I clip a video of my gameplay I can hear my teammates but not myself using Win + Alt + G.My friends can clip theirs with their mic audios and mine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-record-my-microphone-audio/7bf9a297-e82d-472e-9117-ca198886546a
  4. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  5. The microphone of earbud cannot be detected

The microphone of earbud cannot be detected: I just bought new earbuds with a built-in microphone. I tested it and it works perfectly on my phone. But when I plug it into a laptop using Windows 11, the system only detects the headset and cannot use the microphone....
  6. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  7. Microphone not working

Microphone not working: None of the applications on my system can find my microphone. It's like the internal microphone has completely stopped working. How do I resolve this issue please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/858f63cf-a99e-4d71-91c1-98ed61cc894f
  8. Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Teams does not appear in Microphone security and privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams does not appear in Microphone security and privacy settings: The Teams app does not appear in Microphone security and privacy settings.Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teams-does-not-appear-in-microphone-security-and/3b66f0db-0e2d-4d9d-b153-64809bee66c3
  10. Teams does not appear in Microphone security and privacy settings

Teams does not appear in Microphone security and privacy settings: The Teams app does not appear in Microphone security and privacy settings.Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teams-does-not-appear-in-microphone-security-and/3b66f0db-0e2d-4d9d-b153-64809bee66c3