Windows 10: About my harddisk

Discus and support About my harddisk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Acer Aspire A315-55G laptop that runs on Windows 10. The lap had an 931GB HDD hard disk. But since yesterday windows device manager says it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nithila Sanhitha, Jul 12, 2020.

1. About my harddisk

I have a Acer Aspire A315-55G laptop that runs on Windows 10. The lap had an 931GB HDD hard disk. But since yesterday windows device manager says it is a SSD. Any help on what is going on?

Also yesterday I installed "Bluestack " to my PC. Maybe that is the reason? And someone knows how to make it a HDD back again please help. Because my "Acer Care Center" application does not support SSD harddisks.

:)

Nithila Sanhitha, Jul 12, 2020
  2. sp_1417 Win User

Fastest harddisk for gaming

I need a 1TB/2TB HDD for my PC. I have no SSD and this new HDD will be my only drive in PC.
    I need fast/reliable harddisk for gaming. Please suggest me good HDD around 100$.

I have found the following 3 HDD's within my budget.Which one is the best for gaming?
    WD RE4 WD1003FBYX or WD1002FAEX or WD20EZRX*Smile About my harddisk :)

sp_1417, Jul 12, 2020
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • About my harddisk [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. About my harddisk

Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.

I was trying to install windows 10 in my Asus X441N which has no lagacy boot option so I had to install it in UEFI mode. In the setup I selected an unalocated space of 100GiB and pressed next and it created three partition (Windows, System, Recovery) then
    complained about the boot order of the partitions it just created itself About my harddisk :( (why it would do that?). I choosed to continue ignoring the complain then the instalation started and a window popped up showing error that it detected the EFI partition(The System
    partition it just created in the previous step) was NTFS not FAT32. I searched in the internet for the problem, and found answers like -

• Delete all the partiions in your harddisk
    • Rename the EFI folder in the bootable usb to NoEFI or something else
    • format the System partition to fat32 using diskpart (I don't know when)
    I can't delete all the partitions and the other two didn't worked.

Then I tried to install it mannually(Apply the images with dism) with the help of this documentation Capture and Apply Windows, System, and Recovery Partitions.
    Well I didn't followed every steps in there. I've created the partitions using KDE partitioner, ignoring the recommended order(didn't find any) -

• System partition of 116 MB - fat32
    • Recovery partition of 450 MB - ntfs
    • Windows and Data partition of 100GiB - ntfs
    Then just followed the steps of the above mentioned documentation from the the cmd of the bootable usb.

I'm pretty sure I used the correct drive letters during these steps then rebooted. In the OOBE it showed that Windows setup was unable to configure windows in this hardware.

So, Can someone help me to "Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk" by any method?

Mahmud Nabil, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

About my harddisk

1. About my harddisk - Similar Threads - harddisk

2. cannot activate license after changing harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot activate license after changing harddisk: cannot activate license after changing harddiskI have previous window 8.1 license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-license-after-changing-harddisk/e656e958-74da-485e-8472-c225a9e4473d
  3. cannot activate license after changing harddisk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot activate license after changing harddisk: cannot activate license after changing harddiskI have previous window 8.1 license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-license-after-changing-harddisk/e656e958-74da-485e-8472-c225a9e4473d
  4. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  5. Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11

Harddisk goes to sleep power settings Windows 11: Since there is alot of previous post, with 0 real advice given that worked for me.I'm posting this on how to do itTLDR: You can't find the "advanced power settings" in the "Normal" settings screen.You need to go via the "old" control panel.Type "control panel" in the search...
  6. Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...: I had set up Dynamic HDD without knowing what it was in the past and now I have the need to Install windows, the setup is something like this https://i.imgur.com/bnwThjd.png The forum is not accepting my images for some reasonI reinstalled windows and none of the drives...
  7. Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...

Would installing windows on a SSD affect my dynamic harddisk setup? Can I delete Individual...: I had set up Dynamic HDD without knowing what it was in the past and now I have the need to Install windows, the setup is something like this https://i.imgur.com/bnwThjd.png The forum is not accepting my images for some reasonI reinstalled windows and none of the drives...
  8. Windows install page is not showing in my new motherboard and old harddisk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows install page is not showing in my new motherboard and old harddisk: Windows install page is not showing in my new motherboard and old harddisk I don't have restore pointUnable to install windows 7 or windows 10 from usb...
  9. Windows install page is not showing in my new motherboard and old harddisk

Windows install page is not showing in my new motherboard and old harddisk: Windows install page is not showing in my new motherboard and old harddisk I don't have restore pointUnable to install windows 7 or windows 10 from usb...
  10. What are the rules of assignment of numbers of Harddisk#, DR# in Windows/how to check Win...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What are the rules of assignment of numbers of Harddisk#, DR# in Windows/how to check Win...: Hello all!Internal and external disks receive an assigned number to them: Harddisk#, DR# in Windows. These numbers can be seen in Windows Event Logs>>disk errors.Do assigned disk numbers Harddisk#, DR# of the internal disks change when I plug and unplug my external drives or...