Windows 10: About my laptop display

Discus and support About my laptop display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when i close my lid this thing happens open the video link https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ain6pL6ImqsFoS-IfohnR2YZJ8V4?e=LGepey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kabuldevkota, Jan 20, 2021.

1. About my laptop display

kabuldevkota, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 20, 2021
  4. n1trox Win User

About my laptop display

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

About my laptop display

1. About my laptop display - Similar Threads - laptop display

2. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  3. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  4. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  5. My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...

My external monitor constantly steals display from my laptop display, then disconnects...: It's a brand new monitor Dell U4021QW. I;m fairloy sure my Intel Iris Plus graphics doesn't support the full resolution in anything but 30hz, but my assumption is it's try 60hz and failing because i got a warning on the monitor about input timings. but i just can't change it...
  6. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  7. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance: This laptop was from my dad but he handed it down to me for when i need it for school, it was repaired but when i started using it again for my school powerpoint it started acting up, my background wallpaper slowly started becoming lighter, and my entire laptop was running...
  8. Windows 10 laptop- Problems with display and performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.: Hi. I have recently removed broken display from my laptop and wanted to use exclusively external display laptop display was only dimmed off but still connected physically, roght now I just removed the lid and cabling. After system finish booting up on login screen I see...
  10. Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.

Black screen after Windows start-up after removing internal laptop display.: Hi. I have recently removed broken display from my laptop and wanted to use exclusively external display laptop display was only dimmed off but still connected physically, roght now I just removed the lid and cabling. After system finish booting up on login screen I see...