Windows 10: About my old product key

Discus and support About my old product key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i purchased my laptop with original windows 8,due to some reason i have to install windows again ,how can i get my product key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by avanishpatel, Mar 19, 2020.

1. About my old product key

i purchased my laptop with original windows 8,due to some reason i have to install windows again ,how can i get my product key.

:)

avanishpatel, Mar 19, 2020
  2. FinZak Win User

Product key association disable on old pc

Hey,

I sold my old pc to a friend. He installed some missing parts (HDD, GPU and RAM). Then we installed Windows 10 Home 64-bit version from USB stick. I was surprised to see that windows was automatically activated after that. I did some digging and found out that it is using my product key, which i use now in my own new pc. My friend does not have his own product key, the idea was that he just uses the unactivated windows with limited features.

I uninstalled my Windows 10 product key via command prompt in friends computer (as i understand this is only local solution, if he reinstall windows or clicks the active button, it reactivates automatically with my product key) and now it says windows is not activated, but my product key is still shown with Produkey app in his pc. So far windows is still activated my own pc.

My questions:

1. Is this all i need to do?
    2. How do i get rid of product key showing still with product key showing apps on my friend's computer?
    3. Is there a way to get rid of association of my product key on that old pc that i sold to friend?

EDIT: I originally installed windows 10 via upgrade option from Windows 7, if that matters.

FinZak, Mar 19, 2020
  3. product key

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps to resolve this issue:

Steps:

• Press and hold Windows key + R.
    • Type ‘slui 3’.
    • Enter your old product key and try to change product key
    • Use the new product and check if you are able to activate.
    For more information please follow the link given below, this information is provided by Andre Da Costa.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/how-to-activate-and-resolve-common-product-key/33f31475-93b3-4d1c-812f-4b21fbd807a7

Please get back to us if you are still facing this problem.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 19, 2020
  4. About my old product key

Need some help. Old HDD. New laptop.

Yes, that would be a favorable solution if possible. But it requires what I said as a first step. Once he gets booted into the OS, then he can either use it as is or try to recover the product key. I'm not saying he couldn't do what you said, I was replying to another post that suggested simply copy/pasting documents from the old hard drive.

Papahyooie, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

About my old product key

1. About my old product key - Similar Threads - old product key

2. About product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About product key: Ican not find my product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-product-key/0518889b-669d-4cef-823e-34580f409841
  3. about product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about product key: I just install a ssd to my HP laptop and i want to migrate my windows 10 pro to ssd. but my windows is not activated and i forgot my product key. so if i migrate windows to ssd will it asks for any activation key?...
  4. about product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about product key: I just install a ssd to my HP laptop and i want to migrate my windows 10 pro to ssd. but my windows is not activated and i forgot my product key. so if i migrate windows to ssd will it asks for any activation key?...
  5. about product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. About product key

About product key: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey when I paste this command on command promptrun as administration I didn't getting product key.It showing something like thisName of my laptopError=DescriptionI want to know why I am getting this ?Is my window...
  7. About My Product key

About My Product key: Hi Rescently i have decided to reset my windows.So i am seeing that my digital product key is linked to my microsoft account.Now i am using my laptop with two Microsoft account.So just to be sure the account which i have entered during the initial process is the one to which...
  8. about product key

about product key: recently I have reset my pc. after that there is always a notification on right bottom of my monitor that activate windows. when I tried to activate my windows they said I do not have a product key .now I get a product key for free....
  9. about my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    about my product key: i need to reactivate my windows 10 but dont have the product key or iD how can i re activate or activate windows 10. Its beeen programmed on my laptop but i had to reeboot my whole computer. Is it possible to re activate??...
  10. about product key

about product key: how to know the product key how many time activate before we purches…. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-product-key/cd4016d0-8250-4380-86bb-7b3a4bb631e0"