Windows 10: about playing hdr content

Discus and support about playing hdr content in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on windows hd colour setting. my display capablities is showing stream hdr videos -yes use hdr-no use wcg-no what is the difference between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hashirkanakkayil, Sep 2, 2020.

1. about playing hdr content

on windows hd colour setting.

my display capablities is showing

stream hdr videos -yes

use hdr-no

use wcg-no

what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr?

why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg

:)

hashirkanakkayil, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Sat4all Win User

HDR content not being displayed properly

Hi,

My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player
    things look normal. HDR games also look over bright bcs of this bug.

Regards

***Modified title from: Fake HDR metadata***

Sat4all, Sep 2, 2020
  3. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model of your both monitors?
    3. As you have given multiple versions of Windows 10, is this issue occurring on multiple computers?

Not all displays are optimized for HDR. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display that’s not optimized for HDR, you’ll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) as soon as new content starts to play.

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10, your external display and Windows 10 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific PC or external display, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

It might be that one of your monitors doesn’t' support HDR, so I suggest you to refer
    Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 and check
    if your monitors support HDR.

You may also refer Stream HDR video on Windows 10 and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

about playing hdr content

HDR content not being displayed properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get the exact HDR content displayed on the computer.

I suggest you to refer the section Fixing common problems
    from the article
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

about playing hdr content

1. about playing hdr content - Similar Threads - playing hdr content

2. Black bar becomes grey bar when playing HDR content in Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar becomes grey bar when playing HDR content in Media Player: Whenever I play HDR video in Media Player turned on the HDR mode in Settings, the black bar becomes grey.I've already reset the Media Player app, and also update both nVidia driver & Windows 11 to the latest version.Like in this screenshot, the upper and lower bar supposed to...
  3. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  4. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  5. HDR video not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR video not playing: The hdr video streaming is supported and is turned on.But it doesnot stream hdr videos. Using Chrome right now and all the battery saving stuffs are turned off. How to fix this ?...
  6. HDR video not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR video not playing: The hdr video streaming is supported and is turned on.But it doesnot stream hdr videos. Using Chrome right now and all the battery saving stuffs are turned off. How to fix this ?...
  7. How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR): nowadays most 4k releases are easier to get in HDR but my monitor is SDR with a fake HDR mode, I can activate it in windows if that helps, but is there any video player that can handle it good? (it has tone mapping) submitted by /u/Lower_Fan [link] [comments]...
  8. How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to play YouTube HDR content without turning on Windows HD Colour?: I have a HDR600 (I know it's not a proper HDR1000) monitor but Windows HD Colour is really awful and I don't want to have it on all the time, but would still like to view HDR videos on YouTube. Is there a way to do this on Chrome (through some kind of extension) or on another...
  9. HDR content in Window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR content in Window 10: So I have been trying to fix the HDR content on my laptop Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2, 4K OLED because the colours are too saturated beyond what normal saturation of colours should look like. I even had the entire screen replaced and still no fix. Upon inspecting the Windows...
  10. HDR content not being displayed properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR content not being displayed properly: Hi, My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player things look...