Windows 10: About possibility that administrator is not my parent?

Discus and support About possibility that administrator is not my parent? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm now really confused at this. I have an administrator account as my usual working account which is logged in by Microsoft account A, and I recently... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KeLi3, Feb 13, 2020.

1. KeLi3 Win User

About possibility that administrator is not my parent?

I'm now really confused at this. I have an administrator account as my usual working account which is logged in by Microsoft account A, and I recently opened a standard account which is logged in by Microsoft account B, to play Forza Horizon 4. But I want to restrict my time on game, so I asked my girl friend a favor to compose a family with account B, where she is the parent and B is a child, with time limited set to my favorite.

Then the question comes as when the time is out, there pops up a window to let my choose from, switch account or "parent is at home", then if I choose "parent is at home", it let me easily use my administrator verification to extend time for B, the game account.

This is definitely against my will, I need the restriction of game time be done to the extent that it needs to bother my girl friend to extend more time.

The question is, an administrator needs not to be a parent, why he/she has the access to extend time for a standard account, and how can I reach my goal?

:)

KeLi3, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 13, 2020
  4. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. About possibility that administrator is not my parent? - Similar Threads - possibility administrator parent

2. About Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Administrator: I am using Windows 10, 64 bit.Before resetting, I had a game installed via CD. Now I want to reinstall it, but it tells me; An Administrator has Blocked You from running this App. Contact the administrator.....I turned off all my security features and retried, but I continue...
  3. About Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    About Administrator: I am using Windows 10, 64 bit.Before resetting, I had a game installed via CD. Now I want to reinstall it, but it tells me; An Administrator has Blocked You from running this App. Contact the administrator.....I turned off all my security features and retried, but I continue...
  4. About Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus: have parental restrictions on my pc and this time when i requested for time, it said something went wrong and ask if i was connected to internet, i was. I think this had something to do with what i had previously download which was a mod for a game, the mod was called “ man...
  6. About administrator permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About administrator permission: Help me to solve this I tryed many youtube videos and Google search but not any single tips is working.i have only a local account and other Microsoft account was removed automatically and local account doesn't have administrator permission. It have only standard...
  7. About administrator permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About administrator permission: Help me to solve this I tryed many youtube videos and Google search but not any single tips is working.i have only a local account and other Microsoft account was removed automatically and local account doesn't have administrator permission. It have only standard...
  8. Concern about possible scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Concern about possible scam: I keep getting a message on my desktop that says "Some of your accounts require attention", asking me to go to Shared Experiences under Settings to "fix it". I am concerned this is some type of scam. Is this legitimate?...
  9. Question about possible scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about possible scam: I have been contact by a company that claims I have been using there software for the past two years with a electronic signed contract(emailed me proof)I have looked for this software on my computer and cannot find it anywhere. The company is called US Info Solutions (***...
  10. about being administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    about being administrator: i accidentally changed my account from administrator to standard and i cant use anything well. its always restricted. it says"To continue,type administrator password, and then click Yes." but the problem is that i dont remember keeping any password and i have tried al of my...