Windows 10: About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall

Discus and support About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer for me. I am running Windows 7. I would love to be on Windows 10 but I have an old laptop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DartheStar, Oct 14, 2018.

1. About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall

I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer for me. I am running Windows 7. I would love to be on Windows 10 but I have an old laptop that I was able to get for $40 and I was happy to get it as I am on a totally restricted and pathetic budget. (Things will change eventually About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall :D ) Just about everytime when I come online my Windows Firewall has shut itself off for some reason, I have no idea why and I have to restart it as I do not have any other protection for my computer at this time. Is this enough protection? Please be honest, once again the money nightmare. My second question is why do you think the firewall is constantly turning itself off every time that I log off? Thanks so much community people. Sorry I haven't said hello before now.I do hope someone can help me.Thanks so much. just a little update to things--What I am calling "the" firewall or "my" firewall is also called realtime protection. I know basically nothing about computers (i am sure u have realized this About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall :) ) And there was a note that it updated itself yesterday at 8:43 am to Version 1.27.1042.2 if that helps. I just wanted to give as much information as possible. Thanks again for your help.

:)

DartheStar, Oct 14, 2018

2. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Realtime Protection

When I do Windows Defender update, the realtime protection turns off. Why?

MichelleDraper, Oct 14, 2018
  4. About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall

1. About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall - Similar Threads - Realtime Protection Firewall

2. I can not disable Realtime Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not disable Realtime Protection: Everytime i try to disable realtime protection it goes back to being on... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-disable-realtime-protection/2a3d5aac-719e-43a8-9a80-fdb5439b42f1
  3. I can not disable Realtime Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not disable Realtime Protection: Everytime i try to disable realtime protection it goes back to being on... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-disable-realtime-protection/2a3d5aac-719e-43a8-9a80-fdb5439b42f1
  4. I can not disable Realtime Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Realtime protection not working

Realtime protection not working: the windows defender is not working in my pc. The real time protection is turned off . And i have tried to turn it on but it is not working. what should i do?...
  6. Santivirus Realtime Protection Lite

Santivirus Realtime Protection Lite: I was out of town and my grandson got this on my computer. SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite. After telling him not to download anything without my permission. What is the easiest way to get this out of my computer?...
  7. Segurazo realtime protection lite

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Segurazo realtime protection lite: Segurazo realtime protection lite got downloaded to my Cpu from ? and I have tried to uninstall but it just does not move. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/segurazo-realtime-protection-lite/fe77058d-528d-4152-a392-fbfad4eb3aae
  8. Windows defender realtime protection

Windows defender realtime protection: Activate realtime protection on windows defender an cloud delivered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-realtime-protection/4faf89dc-d0cb-4c6c-8d81-d1c513e4b8ab"
  9. Realtime protection will not turn on

Realtime protection will not turn on: Realtime protection on Defender will not turn on ' tried everything suggested ' my question is can I uninstall Defender and reinstall to fix' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/realtime-protection-will-not-turn-on/404a658c-df32-4143-b87b-a487087ab869
  10. Windows Defender Realtime Protection

Windows Defender Realtime Protection: I've downloaded a file, but windows defender detected a malware on that file.But the file is absolutely clean from any virus.I want to turn off the realtime protection but it can't.Please help....