Windows 10: About recent changes to the locations and content of dll files contain

Discus and support About recent changes to the locations and content of dll files contain in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone tell me which .dll this icon is in? https://i.imgur.com/JSQXQSd.png it isn't in the pnidui.dll Thanks 169391 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnje, Nov 29, 2020.

1. donnje Win User

About recent changes to the locations and content of dll files contain

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me which .dll this icon is in?
    https://i.imgur.com/JSQXQSd.png
    it isn't in the pnidui.dll
    Thanks

:)

donnje, Nov 29, 2020

2. DLL Files containing icons

I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T
    hold icons, and whose names make no sense whatever (the names of the icon-containing DLL's also make no sense whatever).

You'd think that common sense would require a unique folder (like "Icon Holders") into which the icon-containing DLL's would be held. But common sense doesn't seem to be relevant here. I've tried creating the folder I envision(in
    the "system32" folder and putting copies of the icon-holding files into it. But when I go into the "change icon" procedure and browse to one of the relevant DLL files, I get a message informing me that the file in question contains no icons.

This is simply insane; why does this happen? putting a copy of a file into another folder should not change it.

Jim Giglio 81 - gmail, Nov 29, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Nov 29, 2020
  4. About recent changes to the locations and content of dll files contain

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Have you tried the following? how to disable "recent places" in MS Word? - Super User

jaamulberry, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

About recent changes to the locations and content of dll files contain

1. About recent changes to the locations and content of dll files contain - Similar Threads - recent changes locations

2. Change file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  3. About missing dll files error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About missing dll files error.: So I was doing some edits on premiere pro and wanted to install the topaz ai video enhancer for my video. I used the free trial of the software and before importing my video I closed premiere pro and all other apps. After using that I was not satisfied with the video. So I...
  4. About missing dll files error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About missing dll files error.: So I was doing some edits on premiere pro and wanted to install the topaz ai video enhancer for my video. I used the free trial of the software and before importing my video I closed premiere pro and all other apps. After using that I was not satisfied with the video. So I...
  5. Unable to change default location for new content

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change default location for new content: I am unable to change the default location for new content from the system default C Drive to the D Drive. I see the dropdown correctly and I am able to choose the D Drive but when I click on Apply, it keeps loading and never really changes. [ATTACH] I am doing this as I...
  6. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  7. DLL Files containing icons

DLL Files containing icons: I'm rebuilding my Win10 desktop after recovering from a failure to boot. I've used GOOGLE to obtain a list of DLL files that hold icons. They're located in the "system32" folder, along with HUNDREDS of other DLL files that DON'T hold icons, and whose names make no sense...
  8. Location of DLL files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location of DLL files: I read some of the other knowledgeable comments on who 'should' access the files. My Anti-Virus system sent a notification that my files may be infected. I would like to run a scan on them. But I cannot seem to find them within system. Thank You...
  9. change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container

change of location of onedrive folder to truecrypt container: If I change the location of onedrive folder to a truecrypt container, then whether sync will work when the container is not mounted or I will have to mount the container to sync the onedrive folder. 30219
  10. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...