Windows 10: About Safe mode password

Discus and support About Safe mode password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey anyone, please help me I got in to safe mode in windows 10, but at the lock screen, I used to open/sign in a 5 digits pin, before entering in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HariNarayan2, Mar 29, 2019.

1. About Safe mode password

Hey anyone, please help me

I got in to safe mode in windows 10, but at the lock screen, I used to open/sign in a 5 digits pin, before entering in the safe mode but as I entered in the such mode, I saw a password required field in the login option. I used the password which was of my account, but the PC asks it was wrong. Then I used to the procedures -

I used to restart with shift button

Then I used to open Troubleshoot

Then Advanced options

After Startup settings

Further I restarted the PC with (5. Enable Safe mode with networking) mobile's Hotspot.

Then I changed the password with my mobile and then I entered the such (changed) password, but I was asking ''incorrect password".

After many tries I used to restart with COMMAND PROMPT, SYSTEM RESTORE, STARTUP REPAIR, GO TO THE PREVIOUS VERSION AND SYSTEM RECOVERY too. But in the all such cases it required password, I entered that but it was incorrect.

Please help me to get out from this terrefte problem and address it.

:)

HariNarayan2, Mar 29, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 29, 2019
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 29, 2019
  4. curt jugg Win User

About Safe mode password

Problems with password in Safe Mode

When I try to log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode it tells me my current password is incorrect. If I log on to my laptop computer in Safe Mode my current password is accepted. My wife can log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using her current password without any problem. If I log on to my desktop computer in Safe Mode using my previous Microsoft password, however, that is accepted.

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem with my desktop Safe Mode log-on and how I can get it to accept my current password, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

Curt

curt jugg, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

About Safe mode password

1. About Safe mode password - Similar Threads - Safe mode password

2. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  3. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode password: When in safe mode trying to resolve ANOTHER issue with your services installation process! It requires a password, i have entered both my pin to access my account on a dailybasis and my microsoft account password. It says bothof them are incorrect which is just plain false....
  4. About Safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Safe mode: How to exit this safe mode when it is restarted...I have done many commands in cmd but no solution...am stuck here....anyone plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-safe-mode/594f7011-8bc9-463e-83af-ec245928acd4
  5. About Safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Safe mode: How to exit this safe mode when it is restarted...I have done many commands in cmd but no solution...am stuck here....anyone plz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-safe-mode/594f7011-8bc9-463e-83af-ec245928acd4
  6. About Safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. safe mode password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode password: Been fighting with an issue for a few days trying to delete ONE record using file explorer. Tonight I tried to enter "safe mode" and the system asked for a password. I have the password that I HAVE to enter EVERY TIME I turn on or wake up my computer, and I have my...
  8. Safe mode password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe mode password: I updated my amd drivers and now my windows won't load if not on safe mode, but on safe mode for whatever reason my password is just always wrong. I created my windows account using my Microsoft account, but no possible password I have ever used my entire life has worked so...
  9. safe mode password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    safe mode password: hey! so when i try to login in safe mode its ask me for a password and i know its not pin password and its for my Microsoft account but when i enter the password its show me that the password is incorrect... i tried every single password i know but its still show me that's...
  10. safe mode password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    safe mode password: im unable to restart windows 10 to normal mode. im stuck on entering safe mode since its asking for password. ive used the password and pin and both come up incorrect. ive tried all options possible but each leads to the password stage and incorrect as usual. can i get help...