Windows 10: About security tab

Discus and support About security tab in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 hard drive, c: (where my operating system & other software in installed) & D: (My files are there). I have a security tab when i right click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VizdenShared, Sep 14, 2019.

1. About security tab

I have 2 hard drive, c: (where my operating system & other software in installed) & D: (My files are there). I have a security tab when i right click on c: drive & Properties, but i dont have a security tab when i right click & go to properties. What should i Do to Fix It ?

:)

VizdenShared, Sep 14, 2019
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Sep 25, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Sep 25, 2019
  4. About security tab

No Security tab on folders and a missing group policy editor

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

As per the description, you want to enable Security tab on folders. I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    • Now go to following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoSecurityTab and set its value to
    0. It'll immediately add "Security" tab for all files and folders properties window. If it doesn't add the tab, you can log off, restart your system and check.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/en-us

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

About security tab

1. About security tab - Similar Threads - security tab

2. How do I overcome the security tab on my browser when I connect on my school wifi

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I overcome the security tab on my browser when I connect on my school wifi: I’ve brought my acer laptop to school multiple times but recently when I use it for more than 2 hours in school the tabs randomly stop working due to a security breach. It says to uninstall Fortinet but I’ve done this and it hasn’t worked so I’m wondering what else I should...
  3. How do I overcome the security tab on my browser when I connect on my school wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I overcome the security tab on my browser when I connect on my school wifi: I’ve brought my acer laptop to school multiple times but recently when I use it for more than 2 hours in school the tabs randomly stop working due to a security breach. It says to uninstall Fortinet but I’ve done this and it hasn’t worked so I’m wondering what else I should...
  4. How do I overcome the security tab on my browser when I connect on my school wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  6. Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab

Unknown Account In C Drive's Security Tab: I have got Unknown Account in my C driver's Security Tab...I removed that, but when I restart My PC, again it comes... Sometime My PC take long time to Open, and when I Open MS word, it doesn't open, I have no access to install or uninstall a program....please help me....
  7. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  8. Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder

Security tab Missing from Properties in Icedrive Folder: In my Icedrive folder and subfolders ONLY, the security tab is missing when I click propertiesI was trying to find it because it says I do not have permission to edit file name...
  9. Help - Windows Security tab within settings doesn't think I'm the Administrator, I am the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help - Windows Security tab within settings doesn't think I'm the Administrator, I am the...: Hello, I recently reset my windows 11 device and updated it. When I open up Settings -> "Privacy & Security" -> "Windows Security" -> "Virus & Threat Protection". I'm met with this screenshot that I've attached. "Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to...
  10. Help - Windows Security tab within settings doesn't think I'm the Administrator, I am the...

Help - Windows Security tab within settings doesn't think I'm the Administrator, I am the...: Hello, I recently reset my windows 11 device and updated it. When I open up Settings -> "Privacy & Security" -> "Windows Security" -> "Virus & Threat Protection". I'm met with this screenshot that I've attached. "Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to...