Windows 10: About SQL User License .

Discus and support About SQL User License . in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We plan to purchase SQL, but how many licenses do we want to know: We have a following plan. We plan to use SQL Server 2017 Standard . We plan to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Atsu_555, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Atsu_555 Win User

About SQL User License .

We plan to purchase SQL, but how many licenses do we want to know:

We have a following plan.

We plan to use SQL Server 2017 Standard .

We plan to install the SQL on a Laptop.

The SQL will be used in our application.

The application gets the data from the IoT device.

We have HTTPS access to the application from Laptop and Tablet.

One Laptop3 tablets2 IoT devices as following, we will use.

At this time, I think that we need 1 SQL Server license and 1 user CAL license. Is that correct?

About SQL User License . 08ca10cb-9d5f-4bba-ae27-0780e16faef8?upload=true.png

:)

Atsu_555, Jun 11, 2020

2. Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

1. If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ?
    2. If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server. ?
    3. If we go for SQL Server Core Base licensing what all SQL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server ?
    4. can we use SQL core base license as a primary and SQL CAL base license as secondary or vice versa ?

***Modified title from: SQL primary and secondary server***

sejalmaurya, Jun 11, 2020
  3. abdnr Win User
    SQL CAL Licensing

subject:
    help with microsoft CAL licensing

scenario:

webserver:
    website asp.net web application hosted on IIS on a windows 2016 server OS

database:
    sql server standard ( server + Cal licensing )

Now 50 users in the intranet will be accessing the webserver. Do we require to purchase SQL CAL license for each devices accessing the webserver?

our application using only one connection string to the database server
    all ther users are asp.net users

do we require Cal license for every computers accessing the webserver
    does multiplexing rule apply to this scenario.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/8/7/3/8733d036-92b0-4cb8-8912-3b6ab966b8b2/multiplexing.pdf

abdnr, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

About SQL User License .

Migrate from Oracle to SQL Server 2016 with free licenses

Read more: Microsoft waves the 'free licenses' flag to try to grab Oracle database users | ZDNet

See also: Follow the leader and migrate from Oracle to SQL Server—with free licenses

Brink, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

About SQL User License .

1. About SQL User License . - Similar Threads - SQL User License

2. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  3. Which SQL Server license needed

Which SQL Server license needed: Hi Everyone,I'm looking into which license for SQL Server i need.I have a datawarehouse on a on-premise server. But then i will load my data in a tabular within Azure Analysis Services or Power Bi Premium Per User dataset. All users will then connect to the power bi dataset...
  4. MS SQL 2109 STD Licensing

MS SQL 2109 STD Licensing: Can someone please advise if a Retail license bundle pack:MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2019 STANDARD EDITION ENGLISH 1 LICENSE10 CLIENT - RETAIL BOXcan be used in a VM environment with multiple users using RDP and needing to access the machine concurrently ?...
  5. SQL Server 2014 License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  6. SQL Server 2014 License?

SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  7. about license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    about license: After reinstalling windows 10 can I get my license back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-license/9475a332-7add-4885-adbc-dc52aa493971
  8. About SQL server 2019 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About SQL server 2019 setup: Hey world, i'm anil My question is i recently used microsoft sql server 2019 enterprise version, the free version. And i'm facing problem with the uninstallation part. What i did? I went to control panel and i hit unistall of the sql, there are many sql icons in it...
  9. about license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    about license: how to my windows pro is geunine or not plz respond me soon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-license/05fcedd9-3051-46f6-a7f7-9a2a26661f98
  10. Questions about SQL Server Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about SQL Server Updates: Hi, I have some questions about installing updates for SQL Server. I have read from this website. It say SQL Server updates are available through Microsoft Update. Below is the URL....