Windows 10: about stolen device assistance

Discus and support about stolen device assistance in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my device was stolen on 4th feb by a fugitive theif, the find my device option is also on, but it keeps showing generic locations. is there any way... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by piyushpatil3, Apr 5, 2021.

1. about stolen device assistance

my device was stolen on 4th feb by a fugitive theif, the find my device option is also on, but it keeps showing generic locations.

is there any way you could assist with this?

in case my device is formatted and wiped clean, what assistance can microsoft offer?

:)

piyushpatil3, Apr 5, 2021

2. Networking for a stolen device

Hello,

Windows 10 allows users to quickly find other computers or devices sharing the same network. For us to verify if the old PC is still connected to your network, follow these steps:

• Using Windows Search, type and choose File Explorer.
    • Click Network on your navigation pane along the folder's left edge. It will provide you with the list of computers using the same network.
    • Check to see if you can locate the stolen PC's name.

Make sure that you reach out to the computer manufacturer to validate if they can track your old device's system information. After doing so, you may file a report to the police so they can conduct further investigation regarding this incident.

Let us know if you need more help about this query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Stolen Laptop

Hi Tara,

Since this is regarding a stolen laptop, we suggest contacting the manufacturer of your device for better assistance.

Feel free to post back if you have other Windows concern.

Ar Rom, Apr 5, 2021
  4. about stolen device assistance

STOLEN PHONE

If your phone is off then it was either shut off or the battery is dead (or possibly in a location where there is no signal).

If you are sure it was stolen then I suggest the following:

• contact your provider and disable the SIM/service
    • You can still and should click the ERASE button on the page I posted above just in case someone does find the phone and turns it on. Hopefully you use a PIN code to prevent unauthorized access.
    If my replies assisted you, please mark my replies as the answer.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

about stolen device assistance

1. about stolen device assistance - Similar Threads - stolen device assistance

2. Lock a Stolen Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock a Stolen Device: My laptop was stolen and I am unable to lock the device remotely. If I try the "Find my Device" it shows the battery is 0% and I get the following message : We can’t locate this device since it hasn’t been used in the past 30 days.. Then when I try the "Lock" function I get...
  3. Emergency assistance - Track Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emergency assistance - Track Stolen Laptop: Higood dayMy laptop was stolen, my Microsoft account was not active on it, I had just changed Windows. The original Windows was installedCan I track it with a Windows serial number?...
  4. Emergency assistance - Track Stolen Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emergency assistance - Track Stolen Laptop: Higood dayMy laptop was stolen, my Microsoft account was not active on it, I had just changed Windows. The original Windows was installedCan I track it with a Windows serial number?...
  5. ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP: Hi, This Is RAMESH My laptop stolen, I'm tyring to trace but its not showing location, its showing one particular area with diffrent location within seconds with 56% of charging since two days and also trying to Lock my laptop but it could't connecting to laptop. Could you...
  6. ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ABOUT STOLEN LAPTOP: Hi, This Is RAMESH My laptop stolen, I'm tyring to trace but its not showing location, its showing one particular area with diffrent location within seconds with 56% of charging since two days and also trying to Lock my laptop but it could't connecting to laptop. Could you...
  7. stolen device, laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stolen device, laptop: Hi, good morning my laptop was stolen last Monday, and I want to know if through Microsoft's find my device I can locate it, even if they have formatted and installed a new windows with another name and a different user account....
  8. Stolen device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stolen device: Hello how are you my laptop was actually stolen windows 10 microsoft it was a hp laptop is there any way u guyz can track it I also have the serial number.it was stolen from south africa durban...
  9. Stolen device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stolen device: Hi my laptop got stolen and the device location is disabled ia there a way to tuen it on remotly ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stolen-device/d1d0a87a-66c2-4695-b42d-7f570c70157b
  10. Question about Locking a "lost or stolen" Windows 10 device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Locking a "lost or stolen" Windows 10 device: (To give a little insight to the situation ->) Recently I've lent one of my laptops to a friend that needed one for the time being. This dates back to January 11th and since late May I've been asking for it back. He's been repeatedly making up excuses and I've become...