Windows 10: About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

Discus and support About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On shutdown then power button machine boots with very, very few errors. On restart for example after installing a major Windows 10 updatethere are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboris, Mar 28, 2021.

1. rboris Win User

About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

On shutdown then power button machine boots with very, very few errors.
    On restart for example after installing a major Windows 10 updatethere are multiple errors in computer management including the continually bedeviling DCOM errors.
    Windows 10 completely upgraded to latest version.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you!

:)

rboris, Mar 28, 2021
  2. little cat, Mar 28, 2021
  3. gzt7d8 Win User
    SystemSettingsBroker Error on Restart or ShutDown

This is a new situation that I got with the update from 9926 to 10041. When I restart or shut down, as soon as the desktop closes I get this error message which I can click to Close. It doesn't occur when I Sign off.

In some cases it will quickly list the applications still running but then it shuts them down and completes the action.

I searched for this and didn't find anything specific, so I'm looking to see if someone has any insight to this problem.

Thanks,

Greg

About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart [​IMG]

gzt7d8, Mar 28, 2021
  4. About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

Hi Michael,

Issue as such can be a result of some changes in the configuration settings or a broken components on the system files. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to verify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried following the suggestions on the previous posts?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart

1. About system errors on Shutdown vs. Restart - Similar Threads - system errors Shutdown

2. Sleep vs shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep vs shutdown: I just bought a new hard drive that is running Windows 11 Professional. Is it better to shut down the computer at the end of the day use it occasionally throughout the day, or is it better to have it go into sleep mode?Thanks,Carol...
  3. Sleep vs shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep vs shutdown: I just bought a new hard drive that is running Windows 11 Professional. Is it better to shut down the computer at the end of the day use it occasionally throughout the day, or is it better to have it go into sleep mode?Thanks,Carol...
  4. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  5. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown/start vs restart...: what is the disparity in time duration for a shutdown/wait 20 sec./restarting @ 45 seconds, and restarting via WinKey+X/U/R @ 2 mins & 20+ secs In both cases no apps opened, of course. Clean slate and includes login....
  6. Shutdown/start vs restart...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Multitasking vs. system restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multitasking vs. system restart: How to force Windows 10 to no more mesh up the assignment Open Window <> Desktop number Windows 10 Multitasking feature upon restart of operating system?As of time being Windows is pushing all open windows to one single desktop on system restart/user logon, wrrrrrr....
  8. Windows Update restart vs. shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update restart vs. shutdown: Every week or so, Microsoft wants me to update my Surface book 3 with the latest windows update. Fine, i get that. What i do not understand is it can somehow only install on a restart. When i click start , power, it shows 'update and restart', but not update and shutdown...
  9. Preventing System Shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing System Shutdown/restart: is there a way to avoid a forced restart? Many times I have work open, and microsoft windows FORCES a restart when I'm not watching. is there a way to absolutely PREVENT the computer from restarting due to updates?...
  10. Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot after Windows Update vs Shutdown and restart: Has anyone else noticed that after an update from Windows Update you "Must" do a Reboot for the installation/update to process. In prior versions of Windows when I would take an update, I might just wait until I shut the PC down for the night, and it would finish up in the...