Windows 10: 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

Discus and support 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to check my PC specs, and my settings are completely functional apart from specifically the 'about' tab in the 'system' section. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben B4, May 28, 2023.

1. Ben B4 Win User

'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

I wanted to check my PC specs, and my settings are completely functional apart from specifically the 'about' tab in the 'system' section. When I click on 'sound' or 'clipboard' it works fine, but when I click on 'about', the settings app freezes and crashes.Don't know if this is related, but my Microsoft Store app is also not working, where I can't download or update anything, and can't even open the Teams or Sticky Notes app.I tried to to run the system file checker but it still crashes, has done this for a while now even after updates.

:)

Ben B4, May 28, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 28, 2023
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 28, 2023
  4. 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

App freezes and crashes on update.

If the app has been updated and is working fine, there's probably nothing wrong with it. However, if the app crashed or froze during the update, there might be some steps you can try to fix the issue:

Restart device: Sometimes, simply restarting the device can resolve app freezing or crashing issues.

Clear App Cache: If the app is caching data, clearing the app cache can help resolve freezing or crashing issues. This can be done by going to the app's settings on your device and selecting the option to clear cache.

Uninstall and reinstall the app: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Make sure you back up any important data before uninstalling the app.

Check for system updates: Check for available system updates for your device. Updating the system may resolve compatibility issues that may be causing the app to freeze or crash.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact the application's technical support for further assistance. They may be able to provide more information about the issue and help you resolve the issue.

kelly Lopes1, May 28, 2023
Thema:

'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

1. 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash - Similar Threads - 'About' tab settings

2. 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash: I wanted to check my PC specs, and my settings are completely functional apart from specifically the 'about' tab in the 'system' section. When I click on 'sound' or 'clipboard' it works fine, but when I click on 'about', the settings app freezes and crashes.Don't know if this...
  3. 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash: I wanted to check my PC specs, and my settings are completely functional apart from specifically the 'about' tab in the 'system' section. When I click on 'sound' or 'clipboard' it works fine, but when I click on 'about', the settings app freezes and crashes.Don't know if this...
  4. 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash: Hello,This past week, I've had trouble with my PC crashing and restarting, perhaps crashing is the wrong term, I do not get the blue screen with "watchdog violation" so I turned to the reliability monitor. PC SPECInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableProcessor IntelR CoreTM...
  6. DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash: Hello,This past week, I've had trouble with my PC crashing and restarting, perhaps crashing is the wrong term, I do not get the blue screen with "watchdog violation" so I turned to the reliability monitor. PC SPECInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableProcessor IntelR CoreTM...
  7. Recording tab freezes, microphone causing crashes of programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recording tab freezes, microphone causing crashes of programs: Hello, I have a problem with the microphone. When I am in the game overwatch and try to use the mic the game crashes and I need to ctrl+alt+del an kill it. After this crash the sound device stops working completely and I need to restart the PC. But the restart doesn't want...
  8. What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What could be causing this crashing and freezing.: I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have not been able to fix it. I've tried dusting my computer, reinstalling windows, and updating my drivers. And now just today,...
  9. Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!: When I tried to go to this direction, Settings>System>About, the settings app crashes once I click on the "About"' option ![ATTACH]...
  10. Settings App Freezes

Settings App Freezes: First issue I've come across. The Settings App freezes on Apps & features and Storage tabs. 58452