Windows 10: About the eject USB safely button.

Discus and support About the eject USB safely button. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is a long question I always have from when I start using window XP. How does the "eject USB safely" button works and why do I have to use it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/14865315874, Dec 29, 2021.

1. About the eject USB safely button.

This is a long question I always have from when I start using window XP. How does the "eject USB safely" button works and why do I have to use it.

submitted by /u/14865315874
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/14865315874, Dec 29, 2021

2. ejecting a usb drive in 10

Hi Walden,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing Safely Remove and Eject Media USB icon on the taskbar.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "not I can not get it to show up in bottom right lower", are you referring that you are not able to see the Eject USB icon under the show hidden icons?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to understand the system

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Turn on Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Please get back to us with an update on issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 29, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

Hi Tze Lin Wong,

The configuration to this can be found under settings. To enable this feature follow these steps:

1. Right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    2. Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    3. Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

If this doesn't work, I suggest that you check with your USB drive manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

All the best.

Mark Isi, Dec 29, 2021
  4. About the eject USB safely button.

Missing Eject in "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" List

I use to be able to eject my USB drive via "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" with list as below:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - Eject Data Traveler 111
    - USB Drive (DAbout the eject USB safely button. :)
    - Eject My Passport Ultra
    - My Passport (EAbout the eject USB safely button. :)

However recently the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" list seems corrupted and shows:

- Open Devices and Printers
    - USB Drive (DAbout the eject USB safely button. :)

- My Passport (EAbout the eject USB safely button. :)

with { - USB Drive (DAbout the eject USB safely button. :) } and { - My Passport (EAbout the eject USB safely button. :) } are grayed out.

Currently the only way for me is go to file explorer and right click the removable drive and click Eject.

Please help!

Tze Lin Wong, Dec 29, 2021
Thema:

About the eject USB safely button.

1. About the eject USB safely button. - Similar Threads - eject USB safely

2. USB storage drive safe ejecting problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB storage drive safe ejecting problem: Last week a small error in Win11 were really annoying me:This problem have been exist for decades, i can't really remember since which version of Windows , perhaps XP or 2000.perhaps since the USB storage has begun to become popular, whenever users want to safely remove their...
  3. USB storage drive safe ejecting problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB storage drive safe ejecting problem: Last week a small error in Win11 were really annoying me:This problem have been exist for decades, i can't really remember since which version of Windows , perhaps XP or 2000.perhaps since the USB storage has begun to become popular, whenever users want to safely remove their...
  4. Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive: In case anyone is still having this problem, a simple solution that worked for me is to restart Windows Explorer from task manager.That's it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-safe-eject-usb-drive/d936ef04-76a6-4a39-a96f-9c64e0de8eec
  5. Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive: In case anyone is still having this problem, a simple solution that worked for me is to restart Windows Explorer from task manager.That's it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-safe-eject-usb-drive/d936ef04-76a6-4a39-a96f-9c64e0de8eec
  6. Windows 10 cannot "Safe Eject" USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. the ongoing safely eject USB Windows dilema

the ongoing safely eject USB Windows dilema: I, like millions of others, have been frustrated for years with Windows not safely ejecting our USB devices. I have tried every Microsoft fix over the years and NONE work. I just purchased a Dell Inspiron, and built a new Ryzen 5600 PC with new Windows loads on both and all...
  8. need to safely eject USB icon on task bar

need to safely eject USB icon on task bar: I need to safely eject my USB device and I need the icon on my task bar. I had it before but now it is gone. Please help Mary Termeteet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-safely-eject-usb-icon-on-task-bar/c62e9912-f0ec-4e8e-88dd-079f9982d5cb
  9. Cannot eject safely an external USB drive

Cannot eject safely an external USB drive: Hello, Recently I bought one "WD Elements" 1TB external drive for data storage. When attachet it to the pc, it was found by the file explorer, it is already NTFS formated, one whole partition. On it found "WD Smartware pro trial" installer and an 'autorun.inf' file....
  10. Cannot eject safely usb external drive

Cannot eject safely usb external drive: Hello, The problem of beeing unable to eject the usb drive safely still exists, the only way I found (temporarily) is to disable it in the device manager, but then the change asks to restart the computer, if I do not restart, the drive is unabled. It seems I will have to...