Windows 10: About The Group Policy ?

Discus and support About The Group Policy ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?, How would you explain after enabling all the questions relating to Windows Defender found in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maroner99, Jul 12, 2020.

1. maroner99 Win User

About The Group Policy ?

Dear Sir/Madam,

How's things?,

How would you explain after enabling all the questions relating to Windows Defender found in the settings in the group policy and still was able download and run infected files/programs and no warning popups was seen anywhere on the screen, and then noticed computer damage after the installation of an infected file or program. So far every trojan I accidentally installed has wrecked my computer so badly that the only way out was to do a full reinstall of Windows 10,after Windows Defender was no match for every trojan and even some other computer nasty also was able to beat Windows Defender very easy and how would you explain in your view claiming whatever type of trojan was installed either accidentally or on purpose was no match for Windows Defender?, after I found a loop hole by accident. It is no good making a free antivirus which didn't mind allowing a trojan getting installed to then mess up one's computer and then having to spend 8 hours or more putting everything back in after the updates. I already tried to do a 1 reset or 2 repair or 3 going to my system image/iso? or 4 by going to my backup to avoid a full reinstall of Windows 10 but none of those 4 options were permitted. Even YouTube reviews of Windows Defender showing way too many computer nasties not getting detected and even many computer nasties was allowed to run and then completely ruined the computer and before that even the video clearly showed where the computer nasty was ?,and the damage it was doing and there was no sign of Windows Defender taking any action at all. Even bad infected URL's were easily explored and this also should be further investigated as to why there was no warning on the screen by Windows Defender. I didn't know there even existed bad websites where once you click on it something nasty gets installed in the computer, which Windows Defender wasn't aware of. My Kaspersky free antivirus immediately blocks a bad website I accidentally clicked on and nothing gets a chance to install who knows what into my computer?. Avast and A.V.G free also were good at dealing with bad websites and why are all free antivirus rivals doing well and none had any flaws at all. I tried Baidu free, Avast free , A.V.G free , Unthreat free , Bitdefender free, Qihoo 360, TenCent P.C Manager, Ad-Aware free, P.C Doctor, Nano free, Rising Free, Kingsoft free, just to name a few and they all proved with evidence in doing an excellent job when a trojan is detected.. even I obit or Advanced System Care had amazing results.. like to add?..bye

:)

maroner99, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 12, 2020
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Jul 12, 2020
  4. About The Group Policy ?

Windows Defender Group Policy Disabeled

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

As you have stated you want to disable the group policy so that you can run windows defender on the computer.

I would like to suggest few troubleshooting steps:

Method 1: Disable group policy from gpedit.msc

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type gpedit.msc and click Ok.(it will open Local Group policy editor)

• Go to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Defender.

• In the right pane of
      Windows Defender
      in Local Group Policy Editor, double click/tap on the
      Turn off Windows Defender
      policy to edit it.

• Select (dot) Not Configured or
      Disabled, click/tap on OK,

• When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.
    If the issue still persist you can follow method 2.

Method 2: Disable group policy from registry.

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the
    article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

• Press Window Key +R.

• Type regedit and click. (it will open registry)

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

• Right Click on Window Defender to create a new Dword.

• Click on New and Select Dword.

• Type DisableAntiSpyware.

• Right click on DisableAntiSpyware and click on modify.

• Set the value to 0 instead of 1.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, you can write back to us and we will be glad to assist you further.

Morris Subba, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

About The Group Policy ?

1. About The Group Policy ? - Similar Threads - Group Policy

2. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  3. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  4. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  6. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...: We manage a client/company that use VMs, and a user said that a couple months ago her recent files were not listed in the Quick Access folder from File Explorer.I assigned a test account to a VM, and I was trying to enable the setting as well, but it was turning back off...
  7. What group policy would make it impossible to enable "Show recently used files in Quick...

8. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  9. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  10. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90