Windows 10: About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

Discus and support About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Cannot delete search history . This is a very serious problem because it has banking and on-line shopping information which is personal and subject to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MARKGANGADEEN1, Feb 28, 2019.

1. About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

Cannot delete search history . This is a very serious problem because it has banking and on-line shopping information which is personal and subject to being stolen by online criminals. I do not believe Microsoft is fixing it. Am i going to have to reset my all my communication devices like my pc and mobile phone. Like many others i do not know what to do. Feeling very vulnerable..

:)

MARKGANGADEEN1, Feb 28, 2019

2. Recent windows 10 upgrade and microsoft edge problem

Hi Michael,

The issue may occur due to incompatibility of your driver and corrupted Microsoft Edge. In order for us to assist you, please answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is your latest OS Build?

In the meantime, regarding your issue with Microsoft Edge, We suggest to follow the steps provided in this article:

Fix Windows Update issues
    to help resolve your browser issue.

In addition, please click this link:
    Fix printer problems in Windows 10
    to guide you on fixing your printer concern, The article contains a step-by-step troubleshooting guide.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 28, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Feb 28, 2019
  4. About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

Problems with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand your inconvenience and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue.

This issue might occur due to some corruption with the Microsoft Edge.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser.

Please follow the steps below to restart Microsoft Edge:

• Open Task Manager.

• Right click on Microsoft Edge.

• From the jump menu click on go to details.

• Select microsoftedge.exe and click end task.

• Select microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task.

• Restart your Computer.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2:DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management)

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge

1. About the problems with Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - problems Microsoft Edge

2. About Information on Windows & Microsoft Edge Updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Information on Windows & Microsoft Edge Updates.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS along with Microsoft Edge Web Browser.Would like to when does Microsoft releases updates for following in Month:→ Windows 11 OS.→ Microsoft Edge Web Browser for Windows OS.→...
  3. About Information on Windows & Microsoft Edge Updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Information on Windows & Microsoft Edge Updates.: To,Microsoft CommunityHey Friend, this is Gavin Mathos here & using Windows 11 Version 22H2 OS along with Microsoft Edge Web Browser.Would like to when does Microsoft releases updates for following in Month:→ Windows 11 OS.→ Microsoft Edge Web Browser for Windows OS.→...
  4. Microsoft Edge is about to get faster on Windows 10 and macOS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is about to get faster on Windows 10 and macOS: Google’s Chrome is popular but it has earned itself something of a reputation for being a resource-hungry browser. Microsoft Edge is also based on Chromium (the platform that powers Chrome), but the tech giant has taken various measure to improve things, and address poor...
  5. About Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Microsoft Edge: Hello, I DON`T WANT WORK OR UPDATE MICROSOFT EDGE! THIS IS THE BIG PROBLEM FOR ME. PLEASE, HELP ME TO NOT UPDATE THIS ONE! I AM VERY SORRY,BUT I CAN`T ACCEPT THIS PROGRAM, BECAUSE OF THAT; 1. I CAN`T USE SKYPE, I CAN`T UPDATE APP STORE, WHATSAPP and on PRINCIPLE I CAN`T...
  6. About Advertise on Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About Advertise on Microsoft Edge.: Hey guys, wishing have a healthy and safety to all of you. I recently visited a motion graphics website to download some documents, unfortunately then I clicked "Allow" to load the file, and so a number of promotional messages appeared on Microsoft Edge. I downloaded AdBlock...
  7. problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems with search in windows 10 and microsoft edge: [IMG]I just reinstalled windows with my digital license through this guide: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall . this is the problem. don't know what it is or how to resolve the problem. this happens in search and also on microsoft edge....
  8. about microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    about microsoft edge: good day. i am suppose or planning to make microsoft edge as my default browser however there is a very big problem i encountered with edge that is i cannot play msn videos normally to which i can only hear the sound without the video to see on the other hand when i go to...
  9. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  10. Problem with Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Microsoft Edge: Hi. I have windows 10 using Edge not IE,On some sites I get a screen saying to refresh my browser.It's not only the one in question it happens on other sites as well.My Anti vir is Kaspersky with Full licence. Any help on this Please. See Screen shot.Many Thanks. 25585