Windows 10: About the reinstall OS. Best way to back up SSD?

Discus and support About the reinstall OS. Best way to back up SSD? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Background: Currently, Windows 10 is installed on a 240GB SSD and I have 2 other larger HDD's used as data storage with plenty of space. Objective I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zacce, Jan 31, 2021.

1. /u/zacce Win User

About the reinstall OS. Best way to back up SSD?

Background: Currently, Windows 10 is installed on a 240GB SSD and I have 2 other larger HDD's used as data storage with plenty of space.

Objective I'm about to reinstall win10 on the same SSD using media creation tool. Before I do that, I want to backup/clone the current SSD (about 100GB used) to HDD in case reinstallation doesn't work well (some installed programs are not easy to reconfigure).

Question: What's the best solution?

submitted by /u/zacce
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zacce, Jan 31, 2021

2. SSD - copy or reinstall OS?

I have established ssd and there is no wish to reinstall OS. I want to transfer already established OS by means of acronis true image.

Whether it is necessary for for correct work of Windows 10 OS to do pure installation on SSD?

Or to adjust rather copied OS having disconnected excess load of SSD?

SergeyKorolev_79, Jan 31, 2021
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Jan 31, 2021
  4. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

1. About the reinstall OS. Best way to back up SSD? - Similar Threads - reinstall Best SSD

2. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  3. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  4. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  6. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  7. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Best way to back up my data

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best way to back up my data: Hi Experts, What is the best way to back up my data, which does not recopy entire data but copies the delta changes and also ensure my data is backed up. Hope, I don't have to buy software. Thanks in advance 171065
  9. Best way to back up my data

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to back up my data: Hi Experts, What is the best way to back up my data, which does not recopy entire data but copies the delta changes and also ensure my data is backed up. Hope, I don't have to buy software. Thanks in advance 171065
  10. Best way to reinstall windows 10?

Best way to reinstall windows 10?: If this is the wrong forum, please direct me to the right one, thanks! Hello! A few months ago I discovered that my desktop PC hasn't been updated since October 12, windows update gives a 0x80080005 error, and windows defender is nowhere to be found the security window in...