Windows 10: about thumbnails

Discus and support about thumbnails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In these days my pc doesn't make thumbnails for new videos .So how can I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SandaruwanRajapaksha, Mar 25, 2021.

1. about thumbnails

In these days my pc doesn't make thumbnails for new videos .So how can I fix it?

:)

SandaruwanRajapaksha, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 25, 2021
  4. about thumbnails

Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

about thumbnails

1. about thumbnails - Similar Threads - thumbnails

2. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.: Imagine the following:You have a superfast PC with fresh M.2 drives. Every time you access a folder, you get a slow green explorer bar on top. It does not matter how many pictures or thumbnails there are in the folder, that green bar always appears. Go to Reddit and Quora;...
  3. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.: Imagine the following:You have a superfast PC with fresh M.2 drives. Every time you access a folder, you get a slow green explorer bar on top. It does not matter how many pictures or thumbnails there are in the folder, that green bar always appears. Go to Reddit and Quora;...
  4. Slow green progress bar windows 10. Explorer loading thumbnails slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Font thumbnail not display correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  6. Font thumbnail not display correctly

Font thumbnail not display correctly: Several of my thumbnails do not diplay in the actual font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-thumbnail-not-display-correctly/62a6c6d6-012d-4493-8537-b6f98ba06f06
  7. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails: Hello,Problem is that icons of SOME applications don't appear above thumbnails. It works for some but not all and it stopped working for no reason. Icons are visible in details display. Any help please ?...
  8. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails: Hello,Problem is that icons of SOME applications don't appear above thumbnails. It works for some but not all and it stopped working for no reason. Icons are visible in details display. Any help please ?...
  9. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...

Can't view Recent files in File Explorer as large thumbnails after update, they only come...: A view months ago I had this issue where after a Windows update I can no longer see my recent files on my Home page of my File Explorer as tiles or large thumbnails. They're stuck as a list. Is there anything I can do to change them back? I've been searching and trying all...