Windows 10: About to switch 7 -> 10 will my applications still remember data??

Discus and support About to switch 7 -> 10 will my applications still remember data?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't want to do it, but I'm doing a trial upgrade (Loosely used term) on one of my machines. I know to backup file data and am still wondering. Once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Im not a robot, Dec 29, 2019.

1. About to switch 7 -> 10 will my applications still remember data??

I don't want to do it, but I'm doing a trial upgrade (Loosely used term) on one of my machines. I know to backup file data and am still wondering. Once the change is complete will the apps retain their data? I have apps that have contain a lot of user data - most visual - used for charting that I don't want to lose. Thanks

:)

Im not a robot, Dec 29, 2019

2. Switching from one application to another

Hi Dean,

For us to better assist you with your concern on switching application, we'd like to ask a few question.

• Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?

To determine the version and OS build number, type winver in the search bar of Start menu.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 29, 2019
  3. torre Win User
    Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Ian Sal Win User

About to switch 7 -> 10 will my applications still remember data??

Mobile data switching off automatically

Hi,

Let's go ahead and check on this. This is because data usage is set to limit in Data Sense for Windows version 8.1 or Data usage for Windows 10. Follow these steps to change settings:

• Windows 8.1, Go to Settings > Data Sense > select Set limit.
    • Windows 10, Go to Settings > Network > Data usage.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

About to switch 7 -> 10 will my applications still remember data??

1. About to switch 7 -> 10 will my applications still remember data?? - Similar Threads - switch applications still

2. Concerned About the Security of my Data!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Concerned About the Security of my Data!: "I'm concerned about the safety of my computer while using Microsoft products such as Windows and Office. I want to know how I can protect my computer from viruses and malware while using these products Memorial Company Pittsburgh. Can anyone provide me with some tips or best...
  3. Concerned About the Security of my Data!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Concerned About the Security of my Data!: "I'm concerned about the safety of my computer while using Microsoft products such as Windows and Office. I want to know how I can protect my computer from viruses and malware while using these products Memorial Company Pittsburgh. Can anyone provide me with some tips or best...
  4. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works: Specs if neededRyzen 7 5800hsRTX 305016gb MHzWindows 10LaptopEvery now and then after I switch applications frequently after alt+tabbing, my screen freezes and nothing responds. I am still able to move the cursor, and continue speaking in voice chats as the screen is frozen....
  5. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works: Specs if neededRyzen 7 5800hsRTX 305016gb MHzWindows 10LaptopEvery now and then after I switch applications frequently after alt+tabbing, my screen freezes and nothing responds. I am still able to move the cursor, and continue speaking in voice chats as the screen is frozen....
  6. Windows freezes after switching applications, but cursor still works

7. Ques. about getting /switching to "Windows 10 Mail Application"?

Ques. about getting /switching to "Windows 10 Mail Application"?: I think I have Windows 10, but looking on my desktop I see nothing like "Office 365", just quite a few other Office items like "Word", Powerpoint, etc which is about all I have ever used. So, if I have NO "Office 365" that I can see/find in my Windows 10, then does that...
  8. Switching from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from 7 to 10: Hey guys, so I think that I'll have to switch to win10 soon. So I was wondering if there are any useful apps/software to install or some settings to change after installing it. I saw "Tips and Tricks" link at the side, but I would also like to know opinion of real people....
  9. About my old data in hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About my old data in hdd: Hello I recently upgraded my device to ssd from hdd and I have installed fresh windows in new ssd and I cant access my old user data in hdd when ever I try to open it just keep loading so what should I do now...
  10. small question about data when upgrading to windows 10 from 7

in Windows 10 Support
    small question about data when upgrading to windows 10 from 7: If I install windows 10 on the same drive I have windows 7 on, replacing it, will stuff like my documents folder, appdata folders, and everything on my desktop move directly over and be in the same place as they were before? This is really important because alot of programs...