Windows 10: about TRIM enable or disable

Discus and support about TRIM enable or disable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HectorEdenburg, Mar 29, 2023.

1. about TRIM enable or disable

Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotiey then click enter.after enter show NTFS DisableDeleteNotify =0 DisableRsFS DisableDeleteNotifi =0 DisableIs this the way should be? apreciate an answer thanks

:)

HectorEdenburg, Mar 29, 2023

2. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled.

I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

so I went through the steps to enable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)

I then went through the steps to disable Trim and got this message-

C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 1

NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Enabled)

What should I actually be looking at to enable Trim??

Thanks!

Thirst4Christ, Mar 29, 2023
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Ensure Trim is Enabled?

Hi Thirst4Chris4, Trim is by defult turned on in Windows 10 for SSD's

Check if Trim is Enabled:

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

Turn Trim On:

fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

Check if Trim is Enabled again:

fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

If that command returns DisableDeleteNotify = 0 then Trim is turned on (it is counter intuitive, 0 means trim is on and 1 means it is disabled) . . .

DaveM121, Mar 29, 2023
  4. about TRIM enable or disable

Speed-up SSD by disabling TRIM?

i did a little search and found this link:
    http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=86403

with the following information. before i tried it, i wanted to know how to reverse it as i am a guppy with this.

How to enable TRIM Command in Windows 7 with a Solid State Drive

To enable or disable TRIM Command, you will need to open an Elevated Command Prompt window.

How To Open an Elevated Command Prompt window: Click on Start Orb > Type "CMD.exe" in Search box > Right click on "CMD" and select "Run as Administrator" (If you receive a prompt confirmation, click YES)

How to Enable TRIM Command

In the Elevated command Prompt windows, type the following:

fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0

How to Disable TRIM Command

fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 1

How do I know if TRIM is working in Windows 7?

fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

Results explained below:

DisableDeleteNotify = 1 (Windows TRIM commands are disabled)

DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Windows TRIM commands are enabled)

How to enable AHCI in Windows 7 after Instalation:

There is one way to fix this, although you need to have knowledge of registry editing. The detailed steps from Microsoft are as follows:

1.Exit all Windows-based programs.

2.Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

3.If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.

4.Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESystemCurrentControlSetServicesMsahci

5.In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.

6.In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.

7.On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

After this you’ll have to restart your computer, go to BIOS and enable AHCI. When you log in to Windows again, you’ll notice the installation of drivers for AHCI. Another restart will be required to finish the driver installation.

These steps are provided at your own risk and not suggested unless you know and understand the risks. You will want to make sure the controller driver and MB BIOS support this option before you enable i

t

ceroberts75, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

about TRIM enable or disable

1. about TRIM enable or disable - Similar Threads - TRIM enable disable

2. Is Trim Enabled When "fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify = 0 disabled" -- The Detailed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Trim Enabled When "fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify = 0 disabled" -- The Detailed...: Reposting this answer here, because many posts don't show this info:https://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-trim-in-windows-10 TLDR:The "blah blah = 0 disabled" means "SSD Trim Enabled with NSTF"...
  3. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about TRIM enable or disable: Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotiey then click enter.after enter show NTFS DisableDeleteNotify =0 DisableRsFS DisableDeleteNotifi =0 DisableIs...
  4. about TRIM enable or disable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about TRIM enable or disable: Hy Ihave in my laptop an SSD drive,so Iknow the TRIM have to be enabled,so icheck inCMD ADMIN and type: C:\Windows\System32> fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotiey then click enter.after enter show NTFS DisableDeleteNotify =0 DisableRsFS DisableDeleteNotifi =0 DisableIs...
  5. About trimming SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About trimming SSD: Hello everyone. I would like to ask how often I should trim my SSD by using the disk defragmentation utility of Windows 11. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-trimming-ssd/ab835a3b-fb60-4fd7-b902-0cd36486b1a2
  6. About trimming SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About trimming SSD: Hello everyone. I would like to ask how often I should trim my SSD by using the disk defragmentation utility of Windows 11. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-trimming-ssd/ab835a3b-fb60-4fd7-b902-0cd36486b1a2
  7. Questions about TRIM for drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Questions about TRIM for drive: Hiya. So I have perhaps an unusual situation. My computer has C: and D: drive. The D: drive is an exact backup clone of C: drive for instant recovery purposes (All my computers have been set up this way for over 15 years). I'm using Macrium Reflect that updates the clone by...
  8. Is Trim Enabled ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is Trim Enabled ?: Checking a few things I ran the command to check if Trim is enabled and got this: C:\WINDOWS\system32>fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) ReFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I thought if it showed 0 it meant it's enabled....
  9. Ensure Trim is Enabled?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ensure Trim is Enabled?: I have read several articles on Trim and it seems like my settings are opposite of what the articles say. All articles say the setting should be "0" for Trim to be enabled. I followed the steps to verify the status and below is what my system reports....
  10. Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives (SSD) in Windows 10 The TRIM command is essential to maintain the performance of solid state drives (SSDs) at an optimal level over...