Windows 10: About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file

Discus and support About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with an ISO file. My question is that will my any data be deleted after the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnkitArsh, Dec 7, 2018.

1. AnkitArsh Win User

About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file

I want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with an ISO file.

My question is that will my any data be deleted after the update.

:)

AnkitArsh, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Is there any info that we can download the Windows 10 ISO file or Bootable file to have a fresh install of Windows 10 using our recent Windows key or Upgrade key.

As far as I have known, installing via upgrade can cause some corrupt files and etc.

A reformat or clean install would be better.

Any thoughts?

rubenclavs, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Dec 7, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

1. About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file - Similar Threads - Upgrade ISO file

2. About Windows build 17763.194 ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About Windows build 17763.194 ISO: Greetings all :) i was wondering where/how can i download Windows build 17763.194 ISO file ? all i can find is Windows 10 October 2018 Update ! what about Patch Tuesday's December Update ? Thank you in advance :)...
  3. Windows 10 ISO File

Windows 10 ISO File: When trying to download the Windows 10 media file to my USB, I get an error code: 0x80070424-0x90017 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-iso-file/22c08db3-50bf-4645-b272-0faaf3eb865c
  4. Windows 10 iso file

Windows 10 iso file: I have just purchased Windows 10 Home edition(iso file) to go with Parallels Desktop 13. If I ever decide to go with BootCamp, just how can I use my iso file?...
  5. windows 10 ISO file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 ISO file: Hi, I'm currently using Samsung laptop and I upgraded my OS from windows 7 to windows 10. It was working fine till january but couple of week ago I ran sfc /scannow command and it showed me this command: windows found some corrupted file but was unable to fix. details are...
  6. Confused about the ISO file?

Confused about the ISO file?: Hi, I've recently been trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have tried to use the installer provided by Microsoft but the installer hangs on Checking For Updates. This doesn't end and I cannot pass it. I cannot use windows update to get the update as it just...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO

Upgrade to Windows 10 using ISO: Hi, I don't have a lot of data at home so I downloaded the ISO at work. I tried a clean install but Windows won't accept my product key. Is it possible to bypass the download in Windows 8 and upgrade using the ISO I downloaded? Thank you. 9539
  8. Upgrade or ISO?

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade or ISO?: I see that this forum is exploding. I'm not at all a surprised. One thing that I want to ask is this. Microsoft has called it a free Upgrade since day one. Are or will they let us clean install with an ISO or are we just wishing and making assumptions? I don't know and, I am...
  9. See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file: remove the /index:1 switch and you'll will see if it is a multi-index Pro-Home image 29588
  10. Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot delete ISO file after upgrading to Windows 10: Hiya....I mounted my windows 10 ISO file with Magic Disk to upgrade only to find out that Windows 10 does not support Magic Disk. I uninstalled the drive it was using in device manager but still does not allow me to delete it. Everytime I reboot the ISO shows as mounted...