Windows 10: About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file

Discus and support About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with an ISO file. My question is that will my any data be deleted after the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnkitArsh, Dec 7, 2018.

1. AnkitArsh Win User

About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file

I want to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with an ISO file.

My question is that will my any data be deleted after the update.

:)

AnkitArsh, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Is there any info that we can download the Windows 10 ISO file or Bootable file to have a fresh install of Windows 10 using our recent Windows key or Upgrade key.

As far as I have known, installing via upgrade can cause some corrupt files and etc.

A reformat or clean install would be better.

Any thoughts?

rubenclavs, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Dec 7, 2018
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

Thema:

1. About Upgrade to Windows 10 with an ISO file - Similar Threads - Upgrade ISO file

2. Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file: Is it legal to lend someone an iso file that I have installed with the Media Creation Tool downloaded directly from MS website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-lending-an-iso-file/9914836e-44cb-449b-9121-63b5e5dc3fa1
  3. Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file: Is it legal to lend someone an iso file that I have installed with the Media Creation Tool downloaded directly from MS website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-lending-an-iso-file/9914836e-44cb-449b-9121-63b5e5dc3fa1
  4. About An Windows 10 Pro ISO Size

About An Windows 10 Pro ISO Size: I am Windows 8.1 Pro User At Now, I want to upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro . Per Lockdown in Maharashtra, India, No IT Computer service store not open for upgrade, so other option is upgrade pc using Media Creation Tool Provided by Microsoft Per Download Size is too...
  5. About 21H1 Official ISO file

About 21H1 Official ISO file: When expectedly & approximately Windows 10 21H1 ISO file will be available on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 ?I know upgrade possible from the Windows update, But I required the ISO file.Why is it still taking too long time to come on the website?...
  6. repair upgrade using windows 10 ISO file

repair upgrade using windows 10 ISO file: need to repair win 10. keeps crashing during updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/repair-upgrade-using-windows-10-iso-file/b6308f78-26d0-4099-91a3-68e4dcc648ee
  7. ASK ABOUT FREE WINDOWS 10 ISO

ASK ABOUT FREE WINDOWS 10 ISO: WINDOWS 10 ISO IS REALLY FREE OR SCAMMER OR VIRUS? My friend had problems with her windows 10 OS. I told her that she have to go to service center to repair. A week later, she told that she installed windows 10 OS and office for free in her laptop. I asked her how. She...
  8. Confused about the ISO file?

Confused about the ISO file?: Hi, I've recently been trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have tried to use the installer provided by Microsoft but the installer hangs on Checking For Updates. This doesn't end and I cannot pass it. I cannot use windows update to get the update as it just...
  9. See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file: How to: See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file How to See Full Details about a Windows 10 ISO file A DVD, and can be used to install Windows 10 with. This tutorial will show you how to see full details such as language, edition, build, version, architecture,...
  10. UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files: How to: UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files [img] Note Microsoft has made some changes in the delivery system. UUP Dump working perfectly, allowing users to create Insider ISO images even when not opted in for Insider program, I see it...