Windows 10: about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

Discus and support about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a virtual hard drive with the setting fixed size not virtually expanding type and it consumed the space of my local disk i.e. c drive and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SachinKharel, Mar 29, 2020.

1. about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

I created a virtual hard drive with the setting fixed size not virtually expanding type and it consumed the space of my local disk i.e. c drive and I have only 128 gb ssd and I am running out of space and as it was a virtual hard drive I am unable to extend my c drive even after deleting the virtual hard disk and by making it unallocated. I want to extend my c drive and remove that hard drive .How can I do that please help me.

:)

SachinKharel, Mar 29, 2020

2. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (Cabout vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

1. about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back - Similar Threads - vhd consumed drive

2. Why is VHD taking Space from C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is VHD taking Space from C drive?: What is the use of a 1tb VHD if my game is taking space from vhd and c drive. The whole purpose of me intsalling a vhd is I don't want to buy a hard drive....
  3. Why is VHD taking Space from C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is VHD taking Space from C drive?: What is the use of a 1tb VHD if my game is taking space from vhd and c drive. The whole purpose of me intsalling a vhd is I don't want to buy a hard drive....
  4. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  5. C Drive Space is consumed by Hidden Files or Anything Else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C Drive Space is consumed by Hidden Files or Anything Else: Hello, I'm ArjunMy C drive has 195GB capacity and all the folders in the C drive cumulatively using 54GB.But still my C drive shows 106GB is free instead 140GB approx. 195-54.Where is my C drive space being consumed ?Regards,Arjun...
  6. C Drive Space is consumed by Hidden Files or Anything Else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Space is consumed by Hidden Files or Anything Else: Hello, I'm ArjunMy C drive has 195GB capacity and all the folders in the C drive cumulatively using 54GB.But still my C drive shows 106GB is free instead 140GB approx. 195-54.Where is my C drive space being consumed ?Regards,Arjun...
  7. C Drive Space is consumed by Hidden Files or Anything Else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Space in C drive!!!

Space in C drive!!!: There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space free in the c drive was 45.1 GB and today it suddenly reduced to 43.2 GB, without me installing any programs. Sometimes I...
  9. Space in C drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space in C drive!!!: There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space free in the c drive was 45.1 GB and today it suddenly reduced to 43.2 GB, without me installing any programs. Sometimes I...
  10. c dive consuming more space

c dive consuming more space: why my c drive is taking more space than the files it contains?in c drive properties it was showing that used space was 48.2gb,i have cleared system restore point files also it freed about 10 gb but previously it was 58gb used space. can anyone help me with this?[ATTACH]...