Windows 10: about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

Discus and support about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a virtual hard drive with the setting fixed size not virtually expanding type and it consumed the space of my local disk i.e. c drive and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SachinKharel, Mar 29, 2020.

1. about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

I created a virtual hard drive with the setting fixed size not virtually expanding type and it consumed the space of my local disk i.e. c drive and I have only 128 gb ssd and I am running out of space and as it was a virtual hard drive I am unable to extend my c drive even after deleting the virtual hard disk and by making it unallocated. I want to extend my c drive and remove that hard drive .How can I do that please help me.

:)

SachinKharel, Mar 29, 2020

2. My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (Cabout vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back

1. about vhd which consumed c drive space and to delete it and get original space back - Similar Threads - vhd consumed drive

2. Increase C drive Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Increase C drive Space: Is there a way to add a USB drive space to the C drive on Windows 10. Only have 32GB on C drive so cannot update Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/65fb40ff-9391-4c4f-bb83-01992918f36a
  3. Space needed on C drive?

Space needed on C drive?: Question about Onedrive. When I try to add my photos 65 GB to my backups the "Start Backup" button is greyed out. Message in red says: "Space required on your C:\drive 70.8 GB' I don't have 70.8 GB available. Why does it need space on my C: drive?...
  4. C Drive Low on Space

C Drive Low on Space: Windows 10 EC 20262 My C drive is close to having no free capacity left. After re-installing Windows a few times my Users appear to have increased in number. Originally the C and D drives were one; I partioned single drive to have an OS and a data drive. I want to get...
  5. Unallocated space on C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated space on C drive: I have an old laptop from 2010 (Acer Aspire 5740G-6395) that I had put to the side last year because my employer bought me a new laptop and the Acer was taking 10-15 minutes to boot. When I became aware of the low price of SSDs, for a tinkering project I picked up a 120gig...
  6. C drive space filling

C drive space filling: My C drive space in Windows 10 is filling up rapidly. I tried deleting CBS files but that weren't occupying much space. I used Treesize but not able to make sense of which file is occupying unnecessary space and which file to delete....
  7. c dive consuming more space

c dive consuming more space: why my c drive is taking more space than the files it contains?in c drive properties it was showing that used space was 48.2gb,i have cleared system restore point files also it freed about 10 gb but previously it was 58gb used space. can anyone help me with this?[ATTACH]...
  8. Increase C drive space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase C drive space: How do I increase C drive space from D drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-c-drive-space/4fc39454-1d83-4007-9bfd-8e577eb00f64
  9. Making Space to C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Making Space to C drive: Hello My SSD is nearly full. I know that on it there is some file that I don't use that originate from past new hard disk installation. Question: - Is there a way to know witch system file is obsolete and not in use anymore? - How to know what is populating my drive...
  10. Windows 10 C drive space not regaining space. deleted update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 C drive space not regaining space. deleted update: i got a massive space filled up 5GB and i deleted the windows update folder via disk cleaner. but the space still shows 175 instead of 180+ help! please and when i searched the disk cleaner again. the windows.update is no longer there. but the space should have been...